Chapter 55

And I'm back again. I'm not sure if I will be able to update next week but the week after for sure and until the end of Novembre I want to be finished. Let's see if I can manage that this time....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moon was starting to rise above the sky, full and bright. The Island awoke and the nerves of the boys were on the edge. They have never been this nervous and afraid on their way to Mako Island. Even Liam tagged along because he refused to stay home. When the Moon Pool started to react to the moonlight the mermaids showed up like planned before. The fear was also written on their faces.

„Do you have the bracelet?" asked Serena.

„Yes, " said Zayn and took it out, standing by the edge of the Moon Pool. He had told them about their solution shortly after they had received the bracelet.

„Okay. What's your plan?" the other mermaid wanted to know. Zayn had forgotten her name.

„Just swimming out there and defeat it?" answered Zayn but it sounded more like a question.

„What?".

„Wait, how does this thing even work?" questioned Niall sceptically.

„Um..." trailed Zayn off.

„You don't know?" gasped Niall at him.

„How could I know?" crossed Zayn his arms over his chest.

„Did the old man not say anything?" Harry checked.

„No. He was human. How the fuck should he know?" huffed Zayn defensive.

„What about that woman you got it from?" tried Serena to keep them all calm.

„No word about it" sighed Louis in realisation.

„What do we do now?" wondered the other mermaid.

„We're just gonna fight that dragon. It's magic. It will work somehow. Personally I think it has to do something with those red stones" pointed Zayn at the line of red shiny stones on the bracelet.

„You just wanna go out there without a plan? You could die, Zayn" was Liam scared to death.

„We survived Dr. T. We're gonna survive this dragon too" tried Zayn to assure him.

„That bitch was human. This dragon is pure magic. Evil magic" noted Louis.

„Have trust in your instincts and have faith in us. Were here with you" spoke Serena up.

„She's right. If that bracelet fails you we have a Plan B that could save your lives at least" added the other mermaid. Zayn really had to remember her name.

„Care to explain?" looked Niall expectingly at them.

„Well, you may already know that mermaids can control the weather" started the nameless mermaid and the boys nodded. Yes, they definitely knew that. „With the help of our moon rings, we can evoke a lightning storm. The rings save moonlight. More precise the light oft he Full Moon and we can use it every time. Tonight we need it for the fight. With those bolts, we might hurt him. Hopefully enough for you to get away if everything goes wrong".

„Sounds like a solid Plan B" gulped Harry visibly afraid oft he whole situation.

„That we won't need. We got this" built Zayn up new courage to encourage all of them.

„Be careful, love. And come back alive" forced Liam a smile on his face.

„I will" kissed Zayn him before the boys jumped into the Moon Pool and transformed.