Chapter 22

Isn't he cute?!

I was listening to that song while writing a certain part of the chappter...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In short, Monday was awful. Not only because everyone hated mondays and the weekend was over but also because Liam acted as if the others had betrayed their country and ruined his life forever. When Zayn came to class with Louis in the morning, Liam sat laughing happily on the other side of the room with Lauren, Dinah, and the others. He had actually swopped seats. The two tried to ignore him and behave normally as if they didn't care, but that wasn't so easy. Shortly before the lesson began, Niall and Harry came in, who immediately noticed it.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Niall whispered as he sat down next to Louis.

"I have no idea" Louis sighed helplessly.

"Harry, sit here" Zayn offered Harry the seat next to him. Slightly surprised, Harry sat next to Zayn as the lesson began.

Over and over again, the boys glanced over at Liam. Lauren was almost sitting on his lap while the others didn't really pay attention to what their teacher said. They were like the female ineligible counterpart to Shawn, Nick, and Aidan. Except that they only were dealing with girls like Taylor, Camille or Kendall. Actually, they would have to join together in a large group and then drown in the sea. It was a mystery to them why this hadn't happened yet.

At lunch he didn't sit with them, which did not surprise them, but hurt all of them even if no one wanted to admit it. It hurt to see how quickly you could be replaced and how much a good friend could betray and disappoint you.

"Hey guys, why is Liam here? I thought he was gone" Sophia asked as she sat down at the table with Danielle and Eleanor.

"She has changed her mind otherwise he would have disappeared without a word" complained Zayn.

"One second, how do you know that?" wondered Niall.

"Everyone knows. Half of the school is talking about the offer, but everyone's wondering why he's here even though he should be gone" Danielle explained.

"But how do they know that?" Harry asked, confused.

"There is a lot of talk and apparently there was someone who knew about it and has probably told everyone" said Eleanor.

"Probably someone who is popular and has enough range, but what is in it for them?" Niall mused.

"Gossip is always interesting, you know how they are" Sophia sighed.

"That's unfortunately true" Louis agreed.

"Oh man, so the whole school will puzzle over what happened" Harry said horrified.

"Probably yes, but unplanned problems can happen, there's no reason for all the buzz" Danielle mumbled.

"They will exploit that until something more interesting happens" Eleanor said.

"And we can pay his bad temper" Zayn rolled his eyes.

"Why you?" Eleanor checked.

"The Lord believes it is our fault" Zayn mumbled.

"Why?" she didn't understand.

"He can't think straight at the moment. He probably accuses anyone except himself or her. I would be interested in who told this around" Niall quickly changed the subject.

"I bet you it was Lauren" hissed Zayn.

"Could be. After all, her mother works in the marine park where Dr. Teasdale was" Harry thought.