Chapter 30

Sorry it took me so long but here is the new chapter :)

Please don't hate me because of the amount of arguing in this one....and we also will get to know two new people.....I'm not really happy with it but yeah here it is

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To say Monday morning was weird would still be nicely said. Somehow it felt weird to go back to school. Everything felt so different. Louis felt countless eyes on him since they'd entered the school. He still hadn't got used to the band's attention, he had tolerated it but hadn't accepted it yet. He felt watched. The first two lessons passed without any problems. English was as boring as always and in drama they only talked about the holidays to get back into the rhythm of the school day. Eleanor next to him looked so excited and over active. He guessed it was because of her birthday, but something told him it wasn't.

On the way to the cafeteria and at their table, Louis looked around. Today the students should be back from the exchange, but so far Louis hadn't seen anyone. He was worried because Harry said they had once been his friends. That couldn't mean anything good.

"Only one day and I'm tired of it" Niall groaned as he sat down.

"Why? Did a rabbit steal your golf ball?" cackled Zayn amused.

"Did you have a clown for breakfast this morning?" Niall shot back, a little irritated.

"Maybe more of a lousy pecker" Zayn rolled his eyes.

"A real comedian. Why aren't you silent and annoying your boyfriend instead?" Niall hissed at him.

"Psst Niall. Be quiet" shushed Liam Niall.

"What did I do? " Niall didn't understand.

"Do you have to say that so loud ?!" Liam looked at him crookedly.

"Oh, I totally forgot. Sorry" Niall apologized honestly.

"No problem, nobody heard" Liam smiled at him.

Louis studied Liam, Niall, and Zayn. In English, Zayn had told them that Liam and he first wanted to keep their relationship a secret. At school, but also everywhere else. Supposedly because the two hadn't a complete day as a couple and everything was so new. They didn't know where their relationship leads and don't want observers. On the one hand Louis could understand that, since the two were really fresh together, but on the other hand he couldn't understand it. Why didn't they want to show their love after everything that had happened?

As Louis sat there staring at Liam and Zayn, he knew that it was Liam's idea, not Zayn's. Zayn would probably like to scream it out into the world, but Liam didn't want that. And understanding how Zayn was, he did everything that made Liam happy. But Louis could also see fear in Zayn's eyes. Fear of failure, afraid of losing their friendship when something happened. Louis hoped that everything would be fine.

Niall also worried him. He had never reacted so irritably to such a harmless remark. He seemed lifeless, powerless and somehow tense. Maybe he just hated school, but it looked like more.

"There you are, El. Couldn't save yourself from congratulations, huh?" Harry grinned as Eleanor and Sophia joined them.

"I'm in great demand" she boasted.

"Where is Danielle?" wondered Liam.

"She's with Christopher somewhere. It seems like something's going on between them" Sophia wiggled her eyebrows.