Chapter 23

This one and the last chapter was supposed to be one chapter but yeah it turned out differently...

I changed the parts they sing in that song for the story. Okay, not really. Just that they sing the second and third chorus together. It's more fair, I think

----------------------------------------------------------

On Tuesday after Biology, Louis was on his way from the staff room to the exit. Niall was already on the way to JuiceNet and Zayn had to go home quickly. Liam wanted to wait for him and where Harry was Louis didn't know. His head almost burst as full as it was. Worry about the next exam, the full moon they still couldn't remember, and worry about Harry or rather his feelings for Harry. He had admitted that he still had a crush on him, but he was afraid of what might come out of it. At the moment, it was just a crush, but what would that look like in a month? Harry made a change and became nicer and more understanding with each passing day. He became more and more the person Louis had always sought. Except for this tiny detail. Louis urgently needed to distract himself and maybe give someone else the chance to take Harry's place in his heart. That would be best for everyone.

He was just walking across the yard when he spotted the water sprinklers. One of them was right on his way. Of course he could go around but that was too risky for him. He concentrated on the valve and turned his hand. But the water didn't stop. Instead, it suddenly started to get windy. Louis was still trying to stop the water, but with every passing second the wind picked up. So much that the sprinklers turned and the water made a girl wet from top to bottom. Louis quickly dropped his hand and ran over to her thoughtlessly.

"I'm so sorry" he apologized to her.

"You can't do anything against it. You don't have to apologise for that" she clarified.

"I'm so terribly sorry" repeated Louis, for it was his fault.

"Louis, here you are. I've already asked myself where you are" Liam approached them. "Oh, am I disturbing you?".

"No, no way. A lawn sprinkler had something against me and your friend here apologized for that, although he can't control the technique" she explained to Liam. 

"You know, he has a habit of taking the blame, if only for that" Liam looked at Louis askance.

"Well, I was pleased" she said goodbye.

Liam pulled Louis out of school with him. "What was that?".

"I dunno. I wanted to turn off the water for safety's sake, but suddenly a wind came and then wet her" Louis reported confused.

"Sounds very much like Sunday night" Liam mused.

"Do you think that hangs together?" Louis wondered.

"It's possible. We should talk to the others. To JuiceNet" Liam suggested.

At the same time, Zayn went to the kitchen. His mother had just told him that they would spend the next two days in Sydney and that they would be there for the holidays, but with Zayn. At least he came out this way. He had to leave all the drama for a short time. While he got himself something to drink, he thought about Liam. Zayn knew the other three had forgiven him, but he just couldn't do it. Really angry Zayn wasn't any more and he was glad to have Liam back with them and to have the old Liam back, but still he felt betrayed. The betrayal was probably worse if you loved the person, Zayn thought.

As he closed the fridge, he saw water dripping from the freezer. When he opened it, he noticed that the cooling wasn't working properly. Practically that he could change that. With a quick hand, he froze it again and closed the fridge. He took a glass and poured himself a drink. Behind him he heard a faint crunching and crackling. Warily he turned around and startled. He almost dropped the glass. The whole fridge was frozen from top to bottom in a thick layer of ice. The kitchen counter was also full of ice covered in snow. Stunned, he stared from the ice to his hands. Did he do this? Shortly after, he left the house and ran to JuiceNet. He had to talk to his friends.