Chapter 14

Sorry that I haven't updated. I'm sick and it was really hard to finish this chapter but I didn't wanted to let you guys wait any longer.

I thought the song fits perfectly for Zayn's situation at the moment.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sunbeams fell on his face and he rolled around. Grumbling, he opened his eyes and blinked slightly. He wasn't in his room but in a school room. As he was about to panic, Louis remembered what had happened last night and why he was here. He looked around and saw Zayn and Niall, who were still sleeping soundly. Slowly, Louis sat up, stretched, and searched for his cell phone because of the time. After a few seconds he found it and startled when he saw what time it was already. Immediately he jumped up, adjusted his clothes and went to the door. He decided to let the other two sleep, as Niall was free and Zayn had to work later. On the shelf next to the door, Louis spotted the school keys and a little slip of paper saying 'So you get out' before he went out. Louis frowned and left the room. Had Liam got the school keys and left it for them? Where was Liam anyway? He was the only one who was already gone. Louis feared it was due to the full moon and the kiss between Liam and Zayn. After the game, Louis had to visit Zayn and be there for him. He needed that now. Someone had to explain what had happened.

Louis quickly ran home, ran up the stairs, and packed his football gear. Then he went down the stairs again and went to the kitchen to get something to drink. His mother and four sisters were all in the kitchen chatting happily.

"Oh, hey darling, how was it last night?" Jay asked as she noticed her son.

"Everything went well and nobody has fallen off the stage" he replied hurriedly.

"That makes me happy, maybe someone filmed it. I'd like to see you on stage" she prompted.

"I don't know, probably not" he shrugged and quickly filled his juice into his glass.

"Louis, we want to go to the beach and dive afterwards. Are you coming with us?" Fizzy asked hopefully.

Louis almost choked on his juice and was now coughing heavily. "I'm sorry. I can't. I have to do something important for school" Louis blurted as he tried to breathe normally.

"But can you not do that later, or tomorrow? And what by the way? I thought you didn't had any homework?" Lottie asked suspiciously.

"That can't wait. I have to go now" Louis tried to disappear quickly.

"But we have never been to the beach with you, Louis. You have to come, don't let us down" Fizzy implored.

"I would, but I can't" Louis repeated. His sister's words struck him like knives in his heart. He had to disappoint her again and couldn't even tell them why.

"Boobear, what's the problem? Just do your things later, we ..." his mother tried to understand, causing Louis' desperation to grow even more.

"I just can't, okay?" he said louder now and almost screamed at her. He grabbed his bag and stormed out of the house, near tears.

He hated having to lie to his family and disappoint them. He had never raised his voice against his mother. He would never forget the look in her eyes. It broke his heart to treat them all like this just because he was a freak. This whole mermaid thing sometimes made his life really hard.

After the game, Louis headed straight for Zayn. Maybe he still had memories of the evening or he just felt terrible because he couldn't remember a thing. Had Niall already told him something? And if so, then what?