Chapter Thirty-Two: Vampire Pregnancy

Daniella nibbled on her lip as she remembered the last time that she had been to the coven house, it was just after someone had cut the breaks on Lionel’s car and had nearly killed her and forced Lionel to become a vampire.

“Why are we here?” Daniella asked as she looked at Gerard, she knew that he was doing this for a reason but she just couldn't figure out what it was; she licked her lips knowing that he had a reason for bring her there.

“We need to speak with Cristina,” Gerard said as he looked down at his mate, he knew that the vampiress would be there first point of call since she was experienced in this sort of thing.

Daniella looked at her mate confused, she knew that there was something that she had missed about the coven and she hoped that this was related to it; she had noticed that she didn’t see a lot of Cristina and Patricia in the past and it made her curious.

“Gerard,” Pep said as he opened the front door to the group, he was relieved that they had all returned safe and he had a feeling that there was a reason that Gerard had insisted on bring his mate to the coven house instead of going to their own home.

The group stepped into the house as Cristina appeared from upstairs, she looked at her husband confused before she moved to stand beside him; she licked her lips as she looked at the group, she furrowed her brow as she looked at Daniella.

“Is everything alright?” Cristina asked as she tried to figure out what was different about the brunette; she knew that it wasn’t because she was a hybrid and she had a sinking feeling about why Gerard had brought his mate to them.

***

“You’re pregnant?” Pep asked to be sure, he looked between Daniella and Gerard as he tried to wrap his head around what he had just been told; he knew that a pregnancy like this was dangerous and he could see why Gerard had wanted to see Cristina.

The couple nodded their heads as Cristina took a deep breath, she knew how scared Daniella must be about this and she hoped that she would be able to help her; she was a mother of three herself and the first pregnancy was always the hardest.

“We wanted to know what to expect,” Gerard said as he took Daniella’s hand, he didn’t want to risk her life for nothing; she meant the world to him and he knew that he would do anything to make sure that she would be safe.

“You’re going to want to stock up on blood in the house… Daniella’s feeding habits will change and she’ll be craving blood now,” Cristina said thankful that she has trained for something like this; she looked at Gerard knowing that this was going to be tough on him.

The vampiress pushed herself to her feet as she moved to get a book that she knew would help them, she nibbled on her lip as she searched for it; she knew that there would be a lot of pressure on Daniella now and she was going to have to keep an eye on the brunette.

“We’ll go over a birthing plan closer to the time but Daniella will have to be fully changed after the birth,” Cristina said knowing that there was no way that the brunette would survive without the change even if she was already a hybrid.

Gerard nodded his head as he looked at Daniella, he knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and it would have been better for him to get her pregnant when she was less likely to die from the birth.

Daniella shifted nervously as she looked at Cristina, she knew that this wasn’t going to easy and she hoped that she would be okay; she wasn’t as durable as she would have liked and the birth wasn’t going to be easy.

“You’ll have to be careful, the baby will be a little stronger than you and it is capable of breaking bones inside of you,” Cristina said knowing that even if the unborn child didn’t mean it, it was still capable of hurting its mother; she hated to think of what could be broken while Daniella was pregnant and how much she would suffer if this wasn’t done right.

“Why don’t we met up tomorrow for a scan? I’m sure Gerard would like to get Daniella home for some sleep,” Pep said knowing that this was a lot for the couple to take in and they still had to check on Lionel and Katie; he knew that the newly bonded couple were around and he didn’t want his three children finding them.

Gerard nodded his head as he looked at Daniella, he was going to do a lot of research to learn more about her pregnancy; this wasn’t the first time that someone had gotten a human pregnant and it was one of the reason’s that bonding with them was against the rules.

***

“Will I be okay?” Daniella asked as Gerard handed her a drink, she wrinkled her nose at the coppery smell as she realised that it was a glass of blood; she knew that he kept some in for normal use in case he fancied a drink.

The vampire chuckled as he sat down next to her, he knew that this was new to her, she had never required blood in her body before and this was the first time that she had needed it; if she didn’t drink it then the baby would take her blood instead and it would slowly kill her.

“You’ll be fine,” Gerard promised her, he wasn’t about to allow anything to happen to her; she was everything to him, he thought back to the item that he had been holding onto since his parents died and he knew that now would be the right time to use it.

Daniella furrowed her brow as she watched her boyfriend get to his feet, he walked out of the room making her wonder what was on his mind; she licked her lips as she turned to her drink and groaned knowing that she had to drink it.

Wrinkling her nose, Daniella took a wary sip on the glass of blood; the brunette winced as the taste and stuck on her tongue in disgust, she shook her head as she set the glass down.

Daniella knew that she had to drink it for the sake of her unborn child even if she didn’t like the taste; the brunette looked at Gerard as he returned from their bedroom.

“Geri?” Daniella confused as he stopped before he carefully got down on one knee in front of her; she stared at his shocked as he produced a diamond and white topaz silver engagement ring.

“I’ve had this with me for two hundred years and you are the only woman that I ever want to wear it, you mean the world to be Daniella… will you marry me?” Gerard asked as his blue eyes stared up at her in hope; he wanted to be able to at least call her his fiancée before they had their baby.

Daniella covered her mouth with her hand, she stared at the ring shocked as she tried to wrap her head around what he was doing; she had never expected him to do anything like this.

“Yes,” Daniella whispered as she grinned at him, she watched as a smile broke out on his face before he carefully slipped the ring onto her finger then he moved to kiss her.

Daniella wrapped her arms around his neck, she kissed him knowing that this was the way things were meant to be; she didn’t know where she would be now if it weren’t for him.