Chapter Fifty-Three: Bad Feelings

Gerard grinned as he dropped Henri off at school, he had insisted that he do it and he was slowly adjusting to life back home with his wife and son.

Gerard had been home nearly a week now and Daniella had told him so much about what had happened while he had been gone.

Gerard was angry that Cristina had turned on Daniella like she had, he couldn’t believe the coven had divided so much while the war had been on; he could only hope that Cristina and Pep were okay in Germany.

“You look happy,” Lionel said moving to stand beside Gerard, his own eyes watching Thiago; he had spent the most of his time adjusting to his son and fiancée again.

Gerard nodded his head as he eyed the little boy that looked so much like his best friend, he was glad that they had all made it home and things were getting better.

“Cesc’s set a date for his wedding,” Lionel mused looking at Gerard, he knew that they shouldn’t be surprised that Cesc and Carla had finally set a date.

Carla didn’t want to wait anymore and Cesc was more than welcoming of the idea of marrying his mate after nine years together; they deserved to be happy like the other couples.

“What about you and Katie?” Gerard asked looking at his friend, he knew that there was a chance that Lionel and Katie would also set a date soon; no one knew if they would be deployed again.

Gerard was happily married to his mate and he wouldn’t change anything for the world, he wanted to have another baby soon and Henri was perfect as he was.

“Sometime next year,” Lionel said hoping that he would get to marry his own mate, he wanted what Gerard and David had and he was sure that he would get the chance to make a life with Katie.

***

“Cesc and Carla are getting married on the 12th of December,” Daniella mused as Gerard stepped into her office, she smiled at him knowing that this was going to be a nice occasion for the coven.

Everything had settled down for them and the remaining members knew that Cristina would come around when the time was right; Pep would talk some sense into her now that he was home.

“I heard,” Gerard mused moving to wrap his arms around his wife, he kissed her pleased with how everything was; she looked beautiful and he was so happy that he got to spend time with her and Henri.

It had been so long since Gerard had been able to relax with Daniella and he hoped that with the war coming to an end that things would look up for him.

“I hope I’m not interrupting,” Marc said walking into the room, he couldn’t believe that Gerard was home and alive; he had prayed that his love rival would meet his end while fighting the hunters.

Gerard pulled back from Daniella and glared at Marc, he had heard enough of how he had been trying to take his place; he wasn’t sure what Marc might have done if he hadn’t of come back when he had.

Daniella peeked at Marc, she truly didn’t understand why he couldn’t just leave her alone; he had tried to convince her that Gerard was dead and he would have convinced her if her husband hadn’t come home.

“I was just passing by and thought I would pop in,” Marc said glaring back at Gerard, he had been so close to winning Daniella and he had destroyed it.

Daniella took a deep breath as Gerard wrapped his arms around her, she smiled at her husband knowing that she was so happy that he had come home to her.

“It’s nice to see you alive Gerard,” Marc said eyeing the couple, he didn’t know how everything was going to play out but he needed to get rid of Gerard; Daniella was his and nothing was going to take her from him.

Gerard nodded his head stiffly, he wasn’t going to allow Marc to think that he had the upper hand here; Daniella wasn’t a prize to be won and she was happy with him.

“Is there something that we could do for you?” Daniella asked wanting Marc to leave, she didn’t like having him around and she was sure he was just trying to cause trouble.

Gerard grinned as he looked at Daniella, he loved her and he was happy to see that she could stand on her own two feet; he had a feeling that she would need to around here.

“No,” Marc murmured staring at Daniella, he didn’t understand how she could be happy with Gerard; he wasn’t the man that her parents had originally chosen for her.

Daniella nodded her head before she dismissed him, she knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and she hoped that with Gerard finally home that he would back off.

Gerard watched Marc leave, he was sure that this wasn’t going to be the last time that the other male vampire came after Daniella but he was going to make it clear that it wasn’t an option.

***

“Papa will you read me a story?” Henri asked as Gerard helped him into bed, he yawned a little as he rubbed his blue eyes; it was getting late and he’d just had his bath.

Gerard smiled and nodded his head, he adored having his son in his life and he wouldn’t trade anything for the world.

“Okay,” Gerard mused tucking his son into bed, he smiled softly as he wondered how he had gotten so lucky; he had everything that any man would dream of and he wasn’t ever going to trade that in.

Henri stared up at his father as Gerard thought for a moment, he seemed so innocent and Gerard wished to keep him that way; he would never allow anything to happen to him.

“Once upon a time, in a land so very far away and so very long ago…” Gerard started, he didn’t know what he would have done if something had happened to Daniella and Henri while he was away.

It was bad enough that Daniella had been hurt while he was away fighting, he didn’t like the idea that someone could do that without him doing.

Daniella smiled as she watched her husband and son, she had never thought that she would get to see this; it warmed her heart so much to see this scene.

Daniella quietly left, she brushed some hair from her face wondering if her and Gerard would have another baby; she loved the idea even if right now wasn’t the right time.

Daniella set about cleaning up after dinner, she couldn’t take her mind off the bad feeling that she had; she feared what might happen and that she would lose Gerard or Henri.

It wasn’t long before Gerard joined Daniella in the kitchen, he smiled glad that Henri had fallen asleep so that he could speak with his wife.

Gerard knew that there were whispers that the hunters were coming to Barcelona, he wanted his wife and son safe and he would do anything to make that happen.

“I love you,” Gerard whispered wrapping his arms around Daniella, he held her close as he kissed her neck; he was protective of his mate and he was never going to lose her again.

Catharine’s death had been hard enough and to have Daniella now made him truly fear what he might do if something happened to her.

“I love you too,” Daniella said, they could both sense that something was coming and she feared what would happen; she didn’t want to lose her husband or son.