Chapter Thirty-Four: Merry Christmas

Gerard smiled as he woke up next to his fiancée, it was Christmas morning and he was sure that everything was going to be perfect.

Carefully climbing out of bed, Gerard peeked at Daniella who was sound asleep; she looked beautiful and the small bump that she carried made him so happy.

Daniella might have only have been six weeks pregnant but she looked twelve and he knew that there wasn’t much time left before their baby would be born.

Gerard quietly left their bedroom and headed for the kitchen to make some breakfast for the two of them, they would be spending most of the day alone before joining the coven in the late evening.

The vampire smiled as he peeked at their living room which was beautiful decorated, he knew that next Christmas that they would have a child and he couldn’t wait.

Gerard’s only worried that something would go wrong when it came to Daniella delivering their baby; the baby was a lot stronger than it’s mother right now and could easily hurt her.

Gerard stuck the kettle on as he set about making breakfast, he wanted to make sure that Daniella was prepared for the long day that they were going to have.

The vampire was giving her everything that her body needed right now and he was determined to make sure that both Daniella and baby were heathy; he was doing his best when it came to making sure of that.

Gerard quietly set about making some breakfast, he had a feeling that Daniella was going to be starving when she woke up and he wanted to treat her.

***

Daniella smoothed out her pink floral print belted swing dress as she looked at Gerard, he was being so sweet right now and she knew that he wanted to make this Christmas special for both of them.

“You look beautiful,” Gerard said softly as he admired the dress, he knew that she would soon need maternity clothes and it would be a while before she slimmed back down again.

Daniella blushed as she pulled her hair back into a stylish up-do, she was already wearing the Viva colour silver blue topaz earrings and pendant set that Gerard had gotten her; she still couldn’t believe that he had picked up something so beautiful.

“How are you feeling?” Gerard asked curiously as he walked over to his fiancée, his eyes darkening a little as he eyed the bump that was slightly hidden under her dress.

Daniella smiled at him, she had been a bit peaky when she had woken up and now he was worried that maybe the baby was draining her more than she was letting on.

“We are fine… stop worrying,” Daniella said as she rested a hand on her bump, she still couldn’t believe that she was going to be a mother; much less that she was currently half-vampire.

Gerard snorted as he wrapped an arm around her waist and rang the door to the coven house, he was never going to not worry about her; even when she was fully turned into a vampire.

The couple didn’t have to wait long before Cristina opened the door to them, she smiled at the two glad that they had made it to the small gathering that they were having.

“Dani… you are simply glowing,” Cristina said with a smile, it was nice to see how pregnancy was suiting the brunette and she was glad it was going well so far.

There had been a worry that Daniella’s body wasn’t going to be able to take the pregnancy but everything was going so well right now.

“Gracias,” Daniella said with a smile, she peeked at Gerard as he drew her closer making her chuckle knowing that he was going to be a little protective of her.

Cristina smiled as she looked at Gerard, she knew that he felt protective of his mate and wouldn’t want to be away from her while she was pregnant.

“Everyone is in the living room,” Cristina said as she nodded towards the room, she smiled as she walked away as Gerard drew his mate closer.

Daniella smiled softly as she looked at her mate, she could see that he wasn’t going to relax any time soon; he was going to be more protective around their male coven-mates.

“Relax,” Daniella whispered as she took his hand before they walked into the living room, she smiled at the people gathered knowing that they were her family now.

Katie grinned as she jumped up and moved to give Daniella a hug, she glanced at Gerard who was glaring at Lionel who had moved to follow after her; she laughed softly as she greeted her friend.

“Relax Geri… I’m not going to hurt her,” Katie teased as Gerard started to growl at her, she grinned as she moved back to Lionel; she knew enough about vampires not to take offence to his behaviour.

Male vampires were renounced for getting protective of their mates while they were pregnant and Gerard wasn’t the only one acting this way; David and Cesc were the same when it came to their own pregnant mates.

***

Daniella smiled as she rested a hand on her bump as she listened to Patricia talk about her own pregnancy, she was due in a matter of weeks and they were expecting a little boy and already had two beautiful daughters.

“Do you have any idea what you’ll be having?” Carla asked as she smiled at Daniella, she was only a couple of weeks pregnant herself and would give birth after Daniella would.

The coven was slowly expanding and it was only a matter of time before they weren’t just celebrating births but weddings as well; Daniella was set to marry Gerard over the summer and Cesc had asked Carla to marry him that morning.

“I don’t know… I have a feeling that it’ll be a boy,” Daniella said as she smiled, she loved the idea of giving Gerard a son and she knew just how much that would mean to him.

Patricia and Cristina smiled, they had a feeling that the brunette was going to be right; most females vampires got strong feelings of what they were going to have while pregnant.

“Gerard will make a wonderful padre,” Katie said as she looked over at the male vampire that was watching Daniella like a hawk; Gerard was protective and no one could change that.

“I know,” Daniella said with a smile on her face as she looked over at her fiancé, they were planning to wed in July and she couldn’t wait.

Daniella had always dreamed of her future and it had always been Gerard that she wanted, they were going to have a baby and she hoped that everything would work out perfectly.

Katie giggled as she spotted the look on Daniella’s face, she knew that there was no one better for the tall vampire with the blue eyes.

The couple were perfect together and Katie hoped that no one would come between them, she hated to think of either of them being parted especially after all they had been through.

“So let’s talk weddings,” Carla said excitedly, she couldn’t wait for her own and she knew that the coven would finally be complete; they were slowly getting settled and they could all feel something big happening.

Caius and Amelia’s return had sparked something and Daniella was going to be dragged into it sooner or later; she was their daughter and their only heir.