Chapter Forty-Three: The Vampire Ball

Smiling to himself as he stepped into the castle along with his mate, Gerard knew that all eyes would be on them; it had been three weeks since Daniella had been turned and the couple had become increasingly close.

“You look hermonsa,” Gerard murmured as he admired his mate, she was wearing a ruby red A-line straps pearls beading backless court train floor-length evening dress paired with silver heeled sandals for the ball and Gerard knew that he wasn’t going to be able to leave her side.

Daniella chewed on her bottom lip as she looked at Gerard, she was a little nervous about tonight but she knew that she had to play her part.

It didn't matter that she was the daughter of the creator and his mate or that she was the mate of Gerard, people were staring at her.

“It’ll be okay amor,” Gerard said in comfort as he ignored some of the curious looks that he received from the others around them, no one seemed to know what to make of seeing him with the vampiress that was once human.

Gerard pressed a brief kiss to her lips before the couple moved to join the rest of their coven, a couple of vampires looked surprised to see a fully turned Daniella at the ball along with Katie, who had also been turned.

“How are you feeling?” Gerard asked, it had taken a lot to convince Daniella to come tonight; she had wanted nothing more than to stay home with Henri since she was a very protective mother and Gerard was amused to see that she didn’t like anyone else looking after their son.

“I’m fine,” Daniella said as she looked at her fiancé, they were slowly pulling their wedding together and a date had been set.

“Daniella?” said a voice making the vampiress stiffen, she glanced at Gerard who was glaring at the figure behind her; it was clear that whoever it was, he wasn’t pleased to see them and she doubted that she would be as well.

Daniella took a deep breath before she turned around to see Rebecca La Rosa, who was now very much a vampire; she swallowed as she looked at the woman that had raised her, she wasn’t sure how she felt about seeing her again.

David spotted Gerard and quickly moved to stop her from getting any closer; he knew that this wasn’t going to end well since the last time the two had seen each other was Keith’s funeral.

Rebecca looked at her mate confused before she pulled sharply away from David and moved eagerly towards Daniella; her eyes filled with hope that she could spend some time with her adopted daughter, she was shocked when Daniella growled at her.

Gerard carefully wrapped an arm around his mate, she was still only three weeks into her vampire life and he knew that she would be a little unpredictable until her first year was over.

“Daniella, why are you being like this? I am your madre,” Rebecca asked confused about why her daughter was rejecting her, she glared at Gerard as if it was his fault that the brunette wasn’t pleased to see her.

“But you’re not I am,” Amelia said appearing, she was wearing a beautiful flowing purple dress and seemed smug at finally running into the other woman.

Amelia had so much to say to her after discovering that she hadn’t told Daniella that she had been adopted.

Rebecca paled slightly at the vampiress, she knew that she was in a lot of trouble as she glanced at Daniella; she had a feeling that the brunette had discovered the truth.

“So you finally got what you wanted… was it worth it?” Amelia asked as she watched Rebecca, hatred filled her being for the woman that was meant to have cared for her daughter that had brought her only pain; she wanted Rebecca to suffer but Caius wouldn’t allow it, at least not right now.

Rebecca looked at David and nodded her head, she had lost her husband and two of her children but she had what she wanted; she glanced at Daniella hoping that there was some way forward for them one day.

***

“Tonight we celebrate the long awaited return of the creator and his mate,” Afron said bitterly as he opened the toasts, it was clear that he wasn’t pleased that Caius and Amelia had returned; he glared at the couple, who didn’t seem to care as they smiled at one another.

Gerard laced his fingers with Daniella’s as he watched Afron, he had spent years trying to work out why his uncle hated the brunette so much and he had a feeling that it had something to do with the fact that if something would happen to Caius and Amelia that Daniella would take over their rule.

“Where’s Viktor?” Daniella whispered softly as she nudged her head against Gerard’s, she had noticed that Afron’s son was missing and it made her slightly curious about why he wasn’t in attendance.

Gerard smiled softly as he looked at his mate, he didn’t know how to break the news to her that her father had destroyed Viktor because of what Afron had tried to do to her; he didn’t want her feeling guilty about the fact that his cousin was dead.

Daniella watched Gerard curiously as she waited for an answer, he shook his head as if telling her that they would talk later; he pressed a small kiss to her lips as her father got up.

“It’s a pleasure to see so many familiar faces again,” Caius said as he stood, he ignored the glare from Afron knowing his friend was still sore over the fact that Caius had killed Viktor because of what they had tried to do to Daniella; Afron would have to deal with the pain that he had caused.

“A lot has changed since I was last here, we have won the war against the werewolves but now a new threat has revealed itself to us; the hunters have returned,” Caius said as he looked around the room, there was a lot at stake and he hoped that their world was prepared for the war that was coming.

Gerard froze at Caius’s statement, he carefully pulled Daniella close while whispers of concern filled the room as he feared for his mate and son.

Fighting the werewolves had been one thing but the hunters would destroy everything for the vampires if they had a chance; it wasn’t going to be an easy task to ensure that they all survived.

Daniella glanced around at her coven, she could see all the male vampires were holding onto their own mates; she didn’t know much about the hunters but she knew that whatever they were it couldn’t be good.

“As a way to protect our world, myself and Amelia have decided to start preparing the council again; we will summon the council of seven together,” Caius said making a cheer fill the air, he glanced over at his daughter, her life was going to change from this moment; he wasn’t about to forget that she was his sole heir.

Amelia nodded her head in approval as if knowing what he was thinking, they knew that there was a lot at stake and if something happened to them then they wanted someone capable to take over in their place.

“I would also like to formally acknowledge my and Amelia’s daughter and sole heir, Daniella Tanis,” Caius said making the brunette pale, she closed her eyes annoyed as she felt everyone turn to look at her.

Daniella knew that there had to be a reason why her father had done that but it didn’t mean that she was pleased about it.

###

Author's Note:

I'm torn between given Daniella the talents below so if you could tell me which one you all like best it would be an amazing help.

- Telekinesis - Moving objects with her mind

- Premonitions - Seeing into the future

- Mind Control - Control over people's minds