Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hidden Secret

Gerard paced around the hall, he didn't know what had happened but he wanted his mate back and he would murder someone if he didn't have her returned soon; it had been a week since Daniella had disappeared and he couldn't sense her through their bond.

“We will find her Gerard… I have people out looking for Daniella as we speak,” Liliana said making the vampire look at her; he knew that his cousin was trying her hardest to help him find Daniella but they were no closer to finding her.

Lionel looked at his friend as they waited for news from the latest search for Daniella and Katie, however nothing had turned up for the two brunettes and it was starting to worry them after a week on no answers.

Afron and Gabriella hadn’t been too happy that their daughter was taking control of the guards and had ordered them to recover the two missing humans safely; they were doing their best to make sure that they couldn't find the brunette.

“What could have happened to them?” Lionel asked gently making Gerard and Liliana look at him, no one seemed to be able to answer that question and it was starting to become clear that something wasn’t right; there was something that just didn't add up. 

Pep looked at his mate, Cristina, who looked around nervously making a couple of the other vampires look at her; it was clear that she knew something that could shed light on what had happened to Daniella and Katie.

“Cristina,” Gerard said as he stepped towards her, he knew that the information that she had could help them find Daniella and Katie; he knew that it was important for their coven-mates to have all the information that they could.

“I was looking through some medical records a while back, I didn't want to say anything since I didn’t think Daniella knew,” Cristina said making Gerard look at her worried, he knew that whatever it was must have been serious.

The vampiress shifted uncomfortable, knowing that this was something that she had to be careful about; she didn't want to cause any trouble.

“On the 12th of May 1987 Rebecca La Rosa disappeared only to return several days later with a baby girl; there are no medical reports of her ever being pregnant before that,” Cristina said softly making Gerard stare at her; Rebecca La Rosa and Keith Franca weren’t Daniella’s real parents.

The group were silent as the news sunk in, Gerard swallowed as he sat down taking the news in; he doubted that Daniella had ever known that she was adopted, she would have told him if she had known, the two didn't have secrets.

Liliana frowned for a moment as she remembered something from when Catharine was brought to work at the Palace; Gerard had been away fighting another of her father’s stupid wars when the, then twelve year old, Catharine Bishop had been brought to the Palace.

“Liliana?” Gerard asked as he spotted the look on his cousin’s face, she swallowed as she looked at him; her blue eyes meeting his as she took a deep breath as she pushed herself to her feet, she had an idea about who would know about what was going one.

***

Walking into the archives, the group of vampires wondered what would happen when the truth came out; it was clear that Rebecca had some explaining to do when they found Daniella.

Liliana licked her lips as she spotted, who she was looking for as he stepped out from the shelves and stopped; he stared at the group that had entered the library.

“Your Highness is there something that you need?” the vampire asked as Gerard stared at him, he hadn’t seen this vampire since he had left the court; Andreas was the Coven Historian and recorded everything that happened in the history of the vampire world.