Chapter Forty-Five: The Council of Seven

Daniella sighed as she walked into the council building, she was nervous since this would be her first council meeting and she had wanted to spend more time with her five week old son.

Daniella was wearing a green pencil dress in crepe with drape detail paired with silver high heels; the council of seven had gathered and that she couldn’t just turn up dressed like a slob.

“Daniella,” Amelia said as she moved to greet her daughter, she was impressed with how suited to this life her daughter was; she had expected to have to deal with her daughter’s wild years but she had dealt with the change quite well.

“Madre,” Daniella greeted as she gave her a quick hug, her brown eyes catching the forms of some of the other vampires that were around; she would have to be careful so that she didn’t upset any of the vampires that were in attendance.

“How is Henri?” Amelia asked curiously, she missed her grandson and hadn’t found time in the last two weeks to come and see him.

Things had been hectic and Amelia was busy welcoming the arrival council, it was an important job and someone had to do it.

“He’s doing well… Gerard’s taking him for some new clothes,” Daniella said grinning as she thought about her mate, she was a little surprised with his plans but Henri was starting to get bigger now and he was excited to have the little boy to himself for a while.

Amelia smiled as they headed into the main chamber, she headed straight for Caius who was waiting for his mate and daughter to arrive.

“Vladimir Dracula, his mate Magda Dracula and their children, Ingrid and Vladimir Dracula,” the announcer said as the vampire rulers of North America arrived; Daniella took her place next on the left of her father while her mother stood on the right.

The Dracula family moved to their seats without a word of greeting, they remained stood as they nodded at Caius before the next group of vampire royalty arrived.

It didn’t take long before the room was filled with vampires from around the world; Daniella took a deep breath as everyone took their seat, she knew better than to make a show of herself especially since she was still new at all of this.

“My friends… it is nice to see you all again and to see your heirs,” Caius said as his voice boomed around the room; he had a lot to discuss and it was why he had summoned them all together, he wanted to protect them from the danger that was coming.

“However we have a problem that we must deal with… the hunters have returned,” Caius said as whispers erupted as everyone wondered what was going on; Amelia glanced at her mate, this was going to be a long meeting but she wasn’t sure if any of them were prepared for what needed to be done.

Daniella crossed her legs as her eyes flickered between the vampires gathered, she was amazed at how well her vision coped now in the dull dark room of the chamber; she still found everything about her new life interesting even after five weeks.

***

“It’s nice to see you again,” Marc van Sciver said as he approached Daniella during the break, his blue eyes sparkling as he stood next to the brunette; he was thrilled to see her again especially with her mate with her.

Daniella looked at the vampire, she knew that Gerard didn’t like him; there was something about him that unsettled her and she didn’t know what it was, she eyed him warily.

“Marc,” Daniella greeted politely making the vampire chuckle as he moved closer to her, his blue eyes searching hers for a moment making the brunette stiffen as she sensed something off; she panicked as she realised that she couldn’t move.

“Van Sciver it’s nice to see you again,” Amelia said as she rested a hand on her daughter’s shoulder and snapped her out of the trace; Daniella blinked and shook her head as she quickly stepped back from Marc as she realised just how close he had been gotten to her.

“Amelia… it is always a pleasure,” Marc purred as he forced a smile at the ebony haired vampiress; he had to be more careful if he wanted his plan to work and he was sure no one had said anything to Daniella about the past.

Amelia nodded at him before she led Daniella away, the brunette looked at her mother confused about what had just happened; she knew it was a vampire talent but it had unnerved her slightly.

“He used compulsion on you,” Amelia explained softly making Daniella frown, she had never thought that she would be on the receiving end of that vampire ability but now that she had she wasn’t sure how she felt about it.

Daniella was going to have to keep an eye on Marc van Sciver and she was going to have to find out why Gerard didn’t like him; she felt like a target and she didn’t like it.

The candles all flickered making the room fall silent, Daniella frowned as she looked up at the lights; that had been happening a lot recently and she didn’t know why.

“What do you think will happen?” Daniella asked as she looked at her mother, she had a bad feeling that she already knew the answer to her question and it un-nerved her; she was hoping that war wouldn’t descend on her life.

Amelia looked at her daughter sadly, there was only one option that could happen and no one wanted to go down that route; the hunters would murder them all and that couldn’t be allowed to happen.

***

“So we are all in agreement…” Caius said as he looked around the room, his heart heavy at the decision that had been made and he knew it wasn’t going to be easy.

The day had been spent discussing all that could be done to stop the hunters and there was only really one answer.

Daniella took a shaky breath as she tried to keep herself calm, she was sure that the decision wasn’t being taken lightly but she still didn’t like it; it made her worry about her mate and son back home.

“We will be going to war with the hunters,” Caius announced making the vampires gathered cheered, Amelia sat quickly as she took in the celebrations; she hated to think of how many would lose their lives and nothing could be done about it.

Daniella frowned a little as she looked around the room, none of the vampires inside would be involved in the fighting, and none of them would lose their mates or sacrifice their lives for anyone.

Daniella slowly felt herself getting angrier, she knew her coven would be one of the first called up to fight and that included Gerard; so many would die and not the people who had decided to start a war to begin with.

A sudden loud snapping noise made Daniella look up just in time to see the chandeliers came crashing down on the table; people divided out of the way so that they wouldn’t be crushed to death.

The room was silent for a moment and Daniella stared at it shocked, she felt a charge of energy inside of her and she had a feeling that she had done that.

Swallowing as whispers filled the room, Daniella looked over at her mother who was staring at her with interest; apparently Daniella did have a talent and it was making itself known.

Amelia could only hope that this talent would be able to keep Daniella and Henri safe during the war.