Chapter Forty: Mother met Son

Stepping into their home, Daniella eyed Gerard warily as he signalled for her to take a seat; he sighed as he watched her for a moment, he couldn't believe that she had managed to get lost on her first night hunting.

“Did you feed?” Gerard asked softly making Daniella nod as she watched him, she hated the distance between them but she knew that this talk was important.

“I went out of my mind with worry when Patricia called and said you’d disappeared… then to find you with van Sciver,” Gerard said as he moved towards her, he shook his head at the vampire’s name as if it was a bad thing that Marc had found her.

Daniella licked her lips as she pushed herself to her feet, Gerard frowned as she moved towards him carefully.

“I’m safe… van Sciver was only with me a few moments before you arrived,” Daniella said as she wrapped her arms around her mate’s waist.

Gerard sighed as he purred and nuzzled his head against hers, he didn't like the idea that the other vampire had watched her hunting; it unsettled him that Marc had been able to get close to Daniella.

“I was so worried when Patricia called me to say that she’d lost track of you,” Gerard murmured as Daniella look up at him, the vampire rested a hand on her cheek as his blue eyes looked into hers.

“I’m sorry… I didn't mean to make you worry,” the brunette said as she moved her arms from around his waist to around his neck, Gerard kissed her softly as he cupped her face; he didn't know what he would have done if she’d gotten into trouble.

Pulling back slightly from Gerard, Daniella grinned as she took his hand and slowly started to lead him to the bedroom; the male vampire smirked as he realised what was on his mate’s mind.

“I like your train of thought amor,” Gerard said as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him, his hands traveling up the back of her top; Daniella pulled his head down so that she could kiss him while his hands quickly found the back of her thighs so he could lift her up.

“I love that you’re less breakable now,” Gerard said between kisses, Daniella grinned as she wrapped her legs around his waist as he kicked the bedroom door shut.

Pulling her top over Daniella’s head, Gerard’s lips quickly found the mark on her neck; he had missed her the three days that she’d been unconscious and he wanted nothing more than to make up for lost time.

Daniella’s hand pushed his jacket off of his shoulders allowing her eyes to find the mark that she’d made when she had been turned; she purred softly at the sight of it before she kissed Gerard passionately.

***

“So what happens now?” Daniella said as she pulled on Gerard’s shirt, the sun was now raising high into the sky and they would be going to see Henri soon. Gerard looked at his mate as he rose to lean on his elbow; he licked his lips as he watched her for a moment.

“You’re already a part of the Barcelona coven… everything else is pretty much sorted,” Gerard said making Daniella nod as she climbed back into bed with him.

The brunette ran her tongue over the new sharp canines, she knew that there were things that she would be expected to do now that she had been turned; her parents hadn’t really discussed what would happen when she was a vampire and she was now classed as a ruling vampiress.

“I love you,” Daniella said making Gerard smiled as he wrapped his arms around her, his lips finding hers as he cupped her face.

“I love you toosiempre,” Gerard said making the brunette smile at his words; she couldn't believe that this was it for her, she’d have Gerard forever and she didn't have to worry about dying.

“Forever is a long time,” Daniella mused making Gerard chuckle as he kissed her again, his hands unbuttoning the shirt that she was wearing as he deepened the kiss.

“Forever isn’t long enough,” Gerard told her seriously as he nuzzled his head into her neck, Daniella smiled at his words; he licked his lips before he kissed her neck as he thought about what he could do with all that time.

“What about eternity?” Daniella teased making Gerard look at her, he watched her for a moment as she grinned at him as she moved to straddle his hips.

“Aren’t they the same? Either way they don’t contain enough time to spend with you,” Gerard said softly as he looked at her, he ran a hand through her hair; his eyes searching hers before he pulled her back into the kiss, his hands sliding his shirt from her body then throwing it to the floor.

Daniella’s hands buried themselves into Gerard’s hair as she devoured his mouth with hers, she didn't think that she’d ever get enough of him; she knew that he was right that forever and eternity weren’t long enough, all of this would never be enough but as long as they had one another that was all that mattered.

***

Gerard smiled as Cesc handed Henri to him, he knew that Daniella wanted to meet their son and now that she had fed it was safer for her to see the newborn; he was only three days old and was getting bigger every day.

“Come on Henri… it’s time for you to meet your madre,” Gerard mused as he carefully held the little boy close, he smiled to himself as he headed into the living room where Daniella was waiting; she perked up immediately when she heard their son’s heartbeat.

Daniella stared at the little boy nervously knowing that she had to be careful, she didn’t want to hurt him and she hoped that Gerard wouldn’t let her.

“It’s okay Dani,” Gerard said softly as he reassured his mate, he could see that she was nervous about meeting their son.

He moved to sit down next to her knowing that she wasn’t a threat to their son, he carefully handed Henri to his mother wanting to be sure that there was no time for Daniella to think about this.

Daniella swallowed as Henri looked up at her with his big blue eyes, she couldn’t believe how different he looked since she had last seen him; she felt Gerard move closer to her as she stared at their son.

“He’s missed you,” Gerard said remembering how much of a fuss the little boy had kicked up about being away from his mother; the vampire smiled knowing that he was going to be a mummy’s boy and that there was something special about their son.

“I don’t think there was a moment that he’s been this quiet since he was born,” Gerard continued as Daniella continued to look at her son, she couldn’t believe that he was hers and that she had given birth to someone who looked so perfect.

Gerard chuckled as he kissed the brunette, he knew that there wasn’t going to be much time for them to relax now that she had returned; her parents were going to be throwing a ball soon and she would be expected to attend as their daughter.

Gerard looked down at Henri, he had a feeling that everything was going to change soon, he just didn’t know how and he would do anything to protect his mate and son.