Chapter Sixteen: Barely Alive

Gerard couldn’t help the snarl that built in his throat as he drove his car, they hadn’t been able to find any trace of Lionel or Daniella at Camp Nou and now the trio of male vampires were searching the streets for the pair.

“Easy Gerard… we’ll find her,” Cesc murmured as they approached the Bac de Roda Felipe II Bridge; he knew that Gerard was scared that something had happened to Daniella and he would lose her like he had done with Catharine.

Cesc’s eyes narrowed in on something as they started to cross the bridge and headed towards Gerard’s apartment, he knew that it was raining heavily and there were signs of an accident.

“Stop the car,” Cesc said making Gerard look at him before the younger vampire climbed out of the car and rushed towards the large gap where something had crashed through the railings.

Gerard moved to stand next to Cesc as David’s BMW M6 pulled up behind Gerard’s Audi A5, the two of them hoped that it what they had discovered wasn’t the fate of Daniella and Lionel however they knew that there was a large chance that it was.

“You don’t think it was them, do you?” David asked as he rushed to stand next to the other two vampires, Gerard felt ill just at the thought of Daniella being in this sort of crash since he knew that there were little chance of her surviving such a thing.

Gerard had seen it enough on the television to know that the chances of both Lionel and Daniella surviving this sort of incident wasn’t high and with each passing moment there was a little less chance that they would be found alive.

“There’s only one way to find out,” Gerard said as he tore off his jacket before throwing himself off the bridge without wasting another moment.

***

Daniella didn't know what it was but she knew that something bad had happened, the brunette furrowed her brow confused as she walked through her Grandparents home; she hadn’t been here in years since before her Abuelo had died.

Daniella had always been closer to her Abuelo than her Abuela; the older woman had always been extremely strict with the brunette and never approved of anything that Daniella had done.

Sighing as she walked through the house, Daniella wondered what had happened since the last thing that she remembered was Lionel’s car plunging into the river off of the Bac de Roda Felipe II Bridge.

Daniella was no longer in her work clothes but a white premium pencil with sheer and soft panels paired with nude heeled sandals; the brunette didn't know what was going on but it made her a little nervous.

“It’s good to see you again Ella,” said a voice making Daniella stiffen as she turned to face the person who had spoken, she couldn't believe who she was seeing.

He was sat on one of the couches and was smiling at her as if he had been expected to see her, Daniella felt ill as she stared at the man that she knew had died several years ago.

“Abuelo?” Daniella asked shocked making him smile at her and nod, the old man slowly approached Daniella who stood frozen to her spot as she stared at him shocked.

Elliot La Rosa had never expected to see his eldest granddaughter this soon; he had expected her to live a long life, though after she had met Gerard, he was sure that he would never see here in this place.

However when he had been told that Daniella had been in an accident, he couldn’t resist being the one to greet her in this place to give her a second chance.

“You died… six years ago,” Daniella whispered as she stepped back from him, she didn't like what was happening and she didn't want to believe that it was; she couldn't bring herself to think what it meant for Gerard.