The Cave and the Fields

Getting close to the cave that held the generator was harder than the supply cave. I was able to sneak by the first few patrols, but once near the entrance it was one battle after another. My comm was linked into my headset, but I didn't hear any chatter. Only the last few raiders gave me a challenge. I was now tired for the first time in days, but it was a good tired. Not one born of exhaustion. Walking up to the computer terminal my memory started to label controls and dials. A few buttons later the holo crackled as Bengel Morr appeared.

"Hmm, You must be the Padawan who slaughters my people. Your misguided attacks change nothing. Your time is over." Bengel Morr stated as I finished. I looked at him and smiled hearing the generators powering down.

"Bengel darling I have just begun to bother you. Master Orgus is looking for you and soon he will standing behind you." T'aa replied. She smiled as his head half turned.

"Good try, Orgus won't find me. I'll find him. You executed my apprentice, Callef. I can feel his death on you. I spent years training him. He was a good man, a principled man. Proud of yourself?" Bengel asked.

"Wow and I thought I broke the script, that or you felt him fart or something. Bengel Morr, Callef is alive. He wasn't even strong enough to resist a Force push." I countered. "And no I am not going to surrender to any inevitability."

"Very cleaver figuring out what I was going to say next. No matter, every so called Jedi on Tython is going to die. That is a promise." he threatened. "You're entire order is weak. You've done nothing to stop the Sith Empire's advances."

"I am just getting started, so don't give in to your hatred for something you couldn't control. They hurt you, but you have grown stronger. You just need to use that strength in another way. Let us help you." T'aa urged. His snarl told her he wasn't listening. "I am no coward if that is what you think. I hope you have been counting the amount of Flesh Raiders I have taken down. I think the number is over three hundred by now."

"I'm the only true Jedi left in the galaxy." Bengel stated. "Enjoy this little victory it is your last." He cut the signal and I smiled. He just didn't get it. He didn't stand a chance of winning. I was going to win any fight he planned. I tossed a thermal grenade into the console before leaving the cave. I couldn't get Master Orgus, so I headed back to the village. I came in the office and saw Ranna sitting there.

"I'm glad you are up. The mission to shut down the energy shield went easily enough, any word from Master Orgus?" I asked.

"No. My mother... she found peace during your absence. I'm now Matriarch." Ranna revealed.

"I am so sorry, Ranna, but your people are in good hands." I stated. "I had my doubts about you, but you have shown that you are strong."

"Thank you. Before he left he told me. There is no death there is only the Force." Ranna replied. "He believes our essence lives on when we die and merges with the Force. I hope that is true."

"It is and remembering her is the best way to keep part of her alive in your heart." I suggested.

"Matriarch! Flesh Raiders broke through our defenses. They did something to our crop fields!" Eseni yelled as she ran in. "They dropped strange machines in the soil. When a scout approached one. He collapsed with sickness. He crawled away from the device and began to recover, but there are many machines out there."

"Pull your people away from the fields I will get rid of the devices." I declared. "Now show me where."

"Be careful. If the machines are too powerful, save yourself." Ranna urged. "Hurry to the fields I feel we don't have much time." I was guided to the fields and Cort followed me thereafter we passed each other. We fought the Flesh Raiders and destroyed the devices one by one. I had to shake my head once they were all destroyed. The game only had three, but we had found nearly fifty. Then again these were real fields and not some garden plot.

"That is the last of them. I have my own mission, but I couldn't let you go out there alone." Cort stated.

"Thank you, I needed the help." I replied and then I hugged him. It was short, and it confused both of us as he blushed. "I need to get back. Call me if you need help. I will come if I can."

"I just need to get some gear and I will be off." Cort replied. "See you soon." Hmm, Cort is actually cute when he blushes I thought. I shook my head as I headed back to Ranna.

"I've destroyed the machines poisoning your crops." I reported as I came up in front of her.

"I saw how you suffered out there. What you did was more than brave, it was heroic." Ranna declared. "Since you came here, all you've done is risk your life to save us. Why would you face death again and again for people you barely know?"

"I do this that you may survive. I do this that others can provide a better defense elsewhere in the village. I do this to show you strength and that you must fight for yourselves. It is my order's greatest honor. We protect and serve others who can not." I explained.

"You serve your ideals well. Please accept this token of affection from my people." Ranna stated. "You've earned it." She hands me a package. "I should tell my people that the danger is over." I held the package as she walked away. It felt nice to be appreciated. My comm chimed and Master Orgus appeared as soon as it rose to eye level.

"Finally put them out of commission. The shields went down as soon as we got there. How are things on your end?" Orgus asked.

"I had a conversation with Bengel Morr. He wants to destroy us. He thinks we are too weak. He plans to build a stronger order to go against the Sith." I replied.

"Then he's not Sith himself. If I can get to him, reason with him..." he pondered. "At the command base, I found coordinates to a number of secret camps. Too many to send only Masters. One camp is in the ruins of Upper Kaleth. That patrol you fought earlier was based there. Now's your chance to finish them off."