Malstrom Prison

Several hours have gone by as the engineers and slicers worked on the Gree computer recovered from Taral V. My friends were celebrating behind me as I looked out on the rolling clouds of the Maelstrom. A violent mixture of gas and plasma much like a thunder cloud, but colorful from the mixture of different gasses. Hidden in those gasses were tiny grains of sand to planet sized asteroids. If the plasma didn't get you the debris would and if not that the fluctuating gravity would.

"As chaotic as it appears there is a complex balance of order." I smiled as Cort came up next to me. He was close enough to lean on and to his surprise, I latched on to him.

"I have never seen anything so beautiful. Nothing has prepared me for this."

"I find it odd that you have not seen this before. Do you not come from another system close to a nebula like this?"

My mind revealed what he was talking about and sure it was pretty, but I had not seen it first hand like I was seeing this now. I had an urge to join the few crew members that secretly were viewing the maelstrom from an open airlock. Dangerous levels of radiation just a few meters away and even then the shields could not stop it all. The meters thick hull prevented anything the shields couldn't stop. Limited exposure was okay, but reason warned not to. The Force as well warned against. It warned against going into the maelstrom altogether. Any other time I would pay close attention to the Force, but not this time. Not this moment of many to reaching a goal that I had set for myself so long ago on Tython.

Defeating the Emperor was one of those goals, the other was seeing that the man who was Revan did not take up his mantle of seeking to destroy the emperor again. It was not his destiny or mission. It was mine. Revan was a man a Jedi out of place and not in his time. Three hundred years had gone by since he was placed in this prison. That his descendants thrived in the Republic and that a bit of his blood flowed through my veins. Only a few carried the Shan name and most were in hiding or had taken up other names to mask their bloodline. Hidden within the Dodonna, Rand, or Onasi bloodlines apart from the direct line that wore the Shan name as a badge of honor much to Satele's concern.

"It is pretty. This is terrifyingly beautiful."

"I feel more is going on. Like you are going to finish a long journey." His arm squeezed me closer as I felt his concern. A concern I didn't want right now to feel. I wanted the concern of a lover and not a brother. Though he was neither.

"I know who the prisoner is and who the ghost is."

"Meetra Surik, the Exile, the one who saved the Force and the galaxy."

"There is only one person she would remain for and that would be Revan."

"He is the one who nearly destroyed the Republic."

"He also saved it. It may not have been his choice, but he helped in destroying the Star Forge and stopping Malak from his path of destruction. He has also prevented the Empire from attacking three hundred years ago."

"I think..."

"Five minutes until contact with the prison complex. Knights Onasi and Hintal to the briefing room." We pulled away from each other and I blushed as I noticed that the others were watching us. I felt so meek at this very moment. Time had stopped letting me feel the mixed emotions directed at us being so close. Showing affection in such a way was unheard of from other Jedi. I felt Ingo's lust, Corso's longing, Aric's and Elara's disapproval and Kira's understanding. Time flipped back on as we suddenly rushed out of the lounge.

Five minutes of scrambling and gathering gear. I was so prepared for this, all I did was don my armor and then discarded all of it, digging into my cabinet for the robes so old, yet so well constructed. I felt the many Jedi that had the privilege of being the right size to wear them. Not all had been female either, but none who could have been both. I wore them a few times, but not for battle. These were meant for peaceful times, times where a battle was not around the corner, but I couldn't resist the urge to wear them or could I resist changing my hair into two tight French braids, just like Bastila Shan had in the game. They felt different as I put them on. I felt watched more so than any other time.