Myrkr

On route to Nar Shaddaa

I moved to my cabin and pulled up everything I had available on Nar Shaddaa. While I studied, Kira came in sometime later with a meal. We ate together as we discussed the planet. I told her what I remembered of the Power Guard Project, but not what could happen to Agent Galen, she talked of her time there with general information that we may need for our mission.

"Master I spent a lot of time on Nar Shaddaa before I was discovered by Master Kiwiiks. If we have time, I would like to deliver some supplies to help the friends I have on Nar Shaddaa. They are in a tight spot. Promised I'll help."

"I have no objections to helping. Tell me about them."

"Nar Shaddaa has lots of refugees, and the Hutts are not known for their charity. People are starving. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, foodstuffs, medical kits, and other basics. Stuff that can be provided easily."

"Our schedule might be tight, but a trip to deliver supplies shouldn't take much time. Gather the things you need and a list of what we don't have and I will send the request forward for the rest."

"Swell. They're already expecting us. Get me to my friends and I will handle the rest."

"We will do that. Let us meditate." Kira nodded and not a hint of resistance. Time became lost as we joined together with the Force. It did not matter if minutes, hours or days went by as we were at peace.

Several hours later, Lt. Zetta came in and cleared his throat. It was a distant feeling, but one that brought me instantly back to the present.

"Master Jedi?" I kept my eyes closed feeling him near me with the Force. I could tell he had something important to tell me. I rose to my feet almost as I was lifted by an invisible being.

"Zetta, I am listening."

"You had in your file the Myrkr System, and now that we are coming into the Corsin System, the Myrkr System popped up on the map."

"Good, when do we drop out of hyperspace?"

"In five minutes."

"Get Dr. Godera and Kira signal the others to join us on the holocom. I have a detour that maybe be profitable to all concerned."

"Okay, You have our attention, but make it quick." Sanusha looked a bit frazzled. I felt her in the Force and seeing Aric on her ship it didn't take much imagination to see what I had interrupted.

"The Myrkr System is not that far from here and it has a certain species on it that could become very important. I would like to detour there and see if we can take some of them with us."

"What would be so important? We can't just fly to some unknown system." Ingo looked a bit annoyed.

"I understand this, but the species if we can figure out a way to bring them with us, create a void in the Force."

"This sounds very interesting. I assume you plan to use them on any Sith we encounter?" I smiled slightly as Cort made the right assumption.

"Yes, however they will affect any Force user that is near them. If you carried one on your back, you would be protected against any Force attacks. Not all, but lightning, mental attacks, and any other ability that is not physical in nature. The added benefit would be if a Force user got close, they would suddenly lose their connection to the Force."

"Now that is very exciting. To suddenly lose the ability would be shocking. I am very intrigued."

"I knew you would be, doctor. However, we need to keep this a secret from everyone else. No journal logs, or any other electronic records. I also would like to keep any physical records to a minimum, preferably nothing."

"It does sound interesting, but carrying some animal on your back, and having to feed it doesn't sound very practical."

"If this creature really does block the Force I am all for it." We discussed it for an hour before we plotted the necessary course to the system. Breaking the script was more noticeable now than ever and I had a good feeling. This was my story now and I directed it. Sure I got direction from the Force, but that was more on a instinctual level. It took several days to get to the planet and seeing a planet in a pristine condition was breath taking.

"This is not what I expected, when we talked of the planet. However, I can see this place being a perfect place for a base."

"If you ignore the hostile wildlife, the high sensor interference alone makes it a perfect planet to hide out on."

"Remember the vornskr will hunt Ashara, Cort, Kira and myself. This will be an excellent chance in active dampening of our Force abilities."

"I am having no problem with my connection to the Force."

"Ashara you will not in this field, but once we are near the Olbio trees with ysalamiri in them you will be cut off. In the open like this use of the Force will attract vornskr to you like a guided missile. Shoot them before they get close and be very wary of their poisonous tails. Cut them off if you can not kill them out right."

"For a planet that barely has a name, you sure know a lot about it." I shrugged at Ingo as Cort spoke up.

"This planet is not unknown to the Jedi and there have been efforts to keep it from the public eye. Having an effective defense against the Force would be a boon to either side of the war. Not being able to remove the animals from the trees has been the best defense against using them. The Jedi Order has used this location in the past to train member not to rely to heavily on the Force."

"Very good, I am impressed Cort. Let's spread out a bit, and find what we seek." We spread out alternating between Jedi and non Jedi. Aric and Sanusha was on the left end where Elara and Qyzen was on the other end. Doctor Godera kept the crews of the three ships busy preparing the camp for a few week stay. He did want to go at first, but it was best not to risk him on the first scouting mission.

Doctor Godera proved his worth within the first week building a nutrient frame that would be easy to carry with the help of a couple of his droids. By the second week we had successfully transferred a dozen ysalamiri to the racks and only stayed to harvest enough nutrient paste to last for months. The vornskr attacked several times over the three weeks we were there, and we honed our non Force abilities to watch out for them.

That Ingo and Aric found a litter of vornskr pups and took their tails off made it clear that he planned to keep and train them. That Corso took a liking to the animals and had a knack for training them was not surprise to me. Even after a week they would follow, sit, stay, or do several other tricks. As much as I tried I couldn't get close to the pups as they would react like they were hungry. However, there were a few times I managed to pet them without being under a ysalamiri's bubble. The pups went on the Thunderclap with Ingo and the dozen ysalamiri on the freighter. Risha didn't like it, but I could see the credit schemes she was thinking up. I made sure Godera didn't give her the method he used to remove them from the trees.