CHANCE 17

A SINGLE CHANCE
BangtanVKookie95

Chapter 17: I Had Fallen

Bryan's POV

Week long had passed after Amber's birthday and now, back to school na kami.

Nasa loob na ako ng kotse papunta kina Amber. Sinabihan ko na siya na pupunta ako para sunduin siya. Sabay kasi kaming papasok syempre kasama si Denise.

For the past one week we've been going to places to another and Denise have been tagging along. It's fine for me at least hindi mao-OP si Amber kasama ako. She's a girl and she needs a girl to talk to sometimes.

Bumili na rin ako ng bagong SD card for my camera. Full na eh. I have been taking pictures every time na kasama ko sila. Old habits die hard.

Yung unang camera ko nga ilang SD card rin ang binili ko para dun. Well, makati kasi ang kamay ko kapag hindi ko hawak ang camera every time I'm out of the house. Tsaka, even the simplest scenery amazes me. Parang isang malaking art work para saakin ang mundo. So I have to take some pictures.

After minutes of driving on the road I arrived at Amber's. I beeped and Amber came running towards the gate and opened it. I smiled and looked at her by the window.

"Let's go?" I asked but she shook her head

"Mom wants to see you. Kumain ka daw muna." she said and I happily obliged

Of course. Masarap kasi magluto si Manang Fe. Masarap rin naman yung luto ni Tita Angeline. Pinagluto niya kami noon nang magpaturo si Amber kung paano mag-sketch. Even the simplest fried chicken is so tasty kaya syempre kakain muna ako. Though, I'm still full, it's unnecessary for me to turn down their offer right?

Bawal tanggihan ang grasya. That's what Lola always says. I'm a Bicolano if you wanted to ask. 

I went in Amber's house and happily greeted her parents together with Denise who is currently on the sofa inside the living room looking furious.

She even shouted at me and said,

"I really hate your brother! He is so.....argh! Will you tell him to stop pissing me around?!"

Though my radar never caught any news about Brix pursuing Denise. She's beautiful. That's a fact. But how on earth did Brix knew about her existence-----oh, he's a social climber. No wonder.

Umupo ako sa upuang katabi ni Amber at masayang nakipagkuwentuhan kina Tito at Tita. As usual, they would ask about how I was doing, about my dreams and that even though they had asked it for several times.   

The breakfast ended shortly once Tito and Tita bid goodbye to us. Pupunta na kasi sila sa company and later this afternoon they'll fly to Las Vegas for a business transaction.

Amber was sad the whole ride kasi aalis na naman daw ang parents niya but I brightened her mood when I told her that this afternoon I'll go to my house and she happily asked if she can come. Of course she can.

We arrived at school with plenty of time before morning classes starts. I said my goodbyes to Denise and Amber. I went inside our room and started observing around.

Girls usually chitchat with each other before class starts and boys usually do unnecessary things inside the room but they were oddly quite today. I wonder why.

I was clueless not until Bea, my group mate came running towards me.

"Bryan! Natapos mo ba yung project natin?" she asked while catching her breathe

"Yes, I did. Actually----"

"Oh thank god! Akala ko masisira na ang college life ko! You're a life saver Bryan! Thank you!" she said while giving me back our report papers

Yes. Now I know why they are so gloomy. Nakalimutan ata nila na ngayon ang submission ng reports sa strict naming Professor. Tsk. So much for happy go lucky people.

Not so long, our strict professor entered with his usual grumpy face. That is when everybody, except me and my useless teammates, panicked and started rummaging their backpacks.

After receiving our report paper, the strict professor leave shortly. Everybody sighed, relief for them. But then, the professor came back saying that me and my teammates can go out while the others will stay to start their reports.

I just walked out the room poker faced and headed to the garden. It's too early for snack or lunch. What should I do?

Should I snatch her from her class? Nah. That would be too bad of me. I'll just wait.

After minutes of waiting on the garden I saw Amber together with Denise running towards me.

"Bryan---!"

"I'm sorry Denise! I'll borrow Amber for this afternoon! Sorry!" I shouted before pulling Amber towards the parking lot

We both hopped inside the car and drove to the nearest fast food we can see. I bought our lunch and continued driving.

I saw her brows creased on the rearview mirror which I replied with a chuckle. Some people might not understand as both but we Amber would certainly know what facial expressions means. Silent conversation. We are good at it.

"Bryan!" sigaw niya at hinampas ako

"House!" I shouted, laughing, while preventing her hits

She then eventually stopped and we arrived at my house. She ran outside and headed to the garden. Yung sa likod ng bahay. I have two gardens.

She likes sitting on the grass while looking at the sunset. It's one of the things she spent her times in my house.

Ang nasa likod kasi ng bahay ko ay dagat. Wala ring bakod but I intentionally built fences as replace for the concrete wall.

"Sunset is one of my comforts.....sana alam mo" Amber mumbled beside me

Her tone was a mixture of sadness and bitterness. It was the most unusual tone I can hear from her.

Then her face caught my attention. I saw her staring at the most ravishing sunset starting to bid goodbye.

Once the sun goes down completely, I realized something. I had fallen completely.