CHANCE 30

A SINGLE CHANCE
mintgreenmagic

Chapter 30: Can I Say I Love You?

Bryan's POV

For the past four days here in Thailand we really burned ourselves out.

On the first day, we went shopping and the girls really did have fun. Can you imagine walking around the mall for 4 hours and carrying loads of paper bags from different boutiques Amber and Denise went? Yeah, it was hell fun.

On the second day, we went to a nearby beach and I was on the verge of bringing Amber back inside the resort. Why? Because she wore such few clothing. I nearly had a heart attack when she and Denise went out of the resort to have fun under the sun. Almost all the guys at the beach were staring at her. Luckily, I convinced her to at least wear shorts or oversized shirts. She protested but I forced my shirt on her.

On the third day, we had a historical tour. Amber enjoyed not just the historical architectures and facts but also picture taking. What do you expect when you have a photographer with you? I almost full the storage of my card just for that day. Mind you, my subject is so dazzling that day. She wore a cute yellow summer dress with flower designs all over it. She partnered it with a cream fedora hat that suits her perfectly.

On the fourth day, we decided to just run around the city to explore. Amber was like a child pointing things here and there. If I was a very selfish man she should have cried that day. She ate to almost every restaurant she could see inside the mall. She was very cute that day. I wouldn't complain if I would live with her for the rest of my lives even if she'll be like that forever. She's childish but I like her.

Someone interrupted me from my daydreaming and I snorted at him. It was Brix.

"Kakain na. Ano na naman ba iniisip mo?" tanong niya sa akin sabay suot ng puting T-shirt na binili ni Denise para sakanya

I frowned when I saw that there was a print on the lower part of his shirt, probably 11 in font size. Ang liit eh. 

My Man

Okay? That would be cringe moment for me. I don't know if Brix was aware of the print or he just tried to ignore it. Either way, I don't care. I stood up and dug in my luggage. Ano ba ang susuotin ko?

"Mauna na ako sayo. Just follow us in the restaurant across the street." he said before closing the door

I sighed and rummaged the clothes inside my luggage. I just chose a simple ripped maong pants and partnered it with a black and white striped polo shirt and tucked it in my pants showing my brown belt. Kinuha ko yung wallet ko at cellphone bago umalis sa kwarto.

Naglakad lang ako papunta sa restaurant and there I saw my girl. She smiled at my direction when she finally saw me. Kahit nakaupo I can see her pretty and cute outfit for today.

She wore a maong pants and a simple white shoes with her white socks. For her top I saw that she only wore a white polo shirt and it was tucked in her pants. Her hair was perfectly done into a twin braid that suits her too much.

I lowered my mask and smiled at her. She smiled back again and I rushed over to her side.

"Ba't ang tagal mo? We've been waiting for minutes now." she said and pouted while staring at the empty table

"Sorry. I'll compensate my lateness for a food trip on our destination for today, okay?" I asked and her eyes brightened

"Talaga? May pagkain doon?" she asked happily at tumango na lang ako

I caressed the camera in my hand. Every now and then, I take pictures with her. I'll be very glad in the future while staring at it forever.

I positioned my hand and clicked the camera for a photo.

"Hey! That's rude." she said and I just chuckled

"Well then, I'll inform you that I'm a rude man from now on." sabi ko at sumimangot siya sa akin

At the same time, dumating na sina Denise at Brix na may dalang pagkain. This will be a happy lunch.

***

"Pupunta lang kami doon ni Denise. Magkita-kita na lang tayo sa parking lot after ng lighting. Bye!" sigaw ni Brix at hinila si Denise sa kung saan

"Bryan?" tawag sa akin ni Amber

"Bakit?" tanong ko but I was still staring at a lantern which is the most elegant yet simple in all the lanterns at a certain shop

"You're not listening, are you?" she asked with her arms crossed on her chest

"Come again?" tanong ko at sumimangot na naman siya

"Ano ba ang tinitingnan mo doon? Those lanterns? Then let's buy them!" sigaw niya at hinila ko sa shop na kanina ko pa tinititigan

"Can we buy that one?" tanong ni Amber kay Lolo na nagbebenta

"This is quite expensive, darling." the elderly informed and she smiled warmly

"He can afford it." she said while pointing at me

The elderly laughed and started packing the lantern for us. Kinuha ko yung wallet ko at binayaran ang binili namin.

"Now, nabili mo na yang lantern, I think it's time for that compensation of yours. Let's go?" she asked and I never thought that my wallet would cry because of those sentences she spitted out

"OHMY! Start na nung ceremony, Bryan!" sigaw niya at inubos ang pagkain na natira from her food trip

She pulled me near the lake at linabas yung lantern na binili namin kanina. Kumuha siya ng ballpen na hindi ko alam kung saan galing at may sinulat sa papel na nasa loob ng lantern.

When someone announced that we can fly our lanterns now, Amber lit up our lantern and held my hand. Linagay niya yung kamay ko sa lantern.

"Let's let go of it together. I hope my wish would come true" she said dreamingly while not breaking our eye contact

She smiled and I smiled before we both let go of the lantern. We stared at it in the sky and not long the whole sky is filled with lit up lanterns with wishes from people who are now here witnessing this overwhelming moment.

I stared at Amber who is now busy admiring the lanterns. Instincts maybe, I took out my camera and took a picture of her and the sky with lanterns on it.

She smiled when she noticed I was taking pictures and after I took a few shots of her she grabbed the camera from my hands.

"Picture tayong dalawa!" she exclaimed and asked stranger to take a picture of us

After that we sat on a bench still looking at the lanterns floating. I sighed and looked at Amber.

"Amber......" I called her and she faced me innocently

"Bakit Bryan?" she asked cutely

I can do this. Kaya mo to Bryan. My mind said and I closed my eyes before looking at Amber again.

"Can......" I started but my tongue was stuck

"What?" she asked

"Can I.......Can I say I love you?" I asked wishing the ground would eat me up right now

Just as I was silently cursing myself I felt a soft hands holding mine.

"Yes you may" she answered and all I could think about that night was one thing

The most memorable out of all. Her lips crashed on mine under the sky filled with lanterns of wishes.