CHANCE 22

A SINGLE CHANCE
BangtanVKookie95

Chapter 22: Unfolding the Truth

Bryan's POV

After three or four days, the doctor let me go. They admitted me out of the hospital and I was free to go. These past few weeks I was recovering from dizziness. Dad never told me what was wrong with me. I'm not used to nagging Dad so I just let it off my sleeves. I got a bigger problem in front of me.

From the past few days, Amber wasn't seen in school. Even her shadow isn't there. And it was the most boring days for me. My happy pill is ill and I need to help her recover.

Right now, papunta ako kina Tita. Dad only said na bawal pumunta doon kapag gabi. It's morning and the sun is up in the sky. It's only prohibited on night time. So, I have the right to visit Amber.

Lumiko ako sa kanto kung nasaan ang bahay nina Amber. They live in a exclusive village and I'm a Villegas so it is not hard for me to get in. I don't even need to break the rules.

When I saw the modern three storey house nearby, I decelerated. I stepped on the break and fixed my shirt. I looked at myself on the mirror and went out eventually.

I need to know what is going on. Whether it is good or bad, I have the right to know. Lalo na kapag involve si Amber sa usapan, I'm willing to take risks even though its high.

I pushed the doorbell and the maid was surprised to see me standing in front of their gateway.

"Bryan?! Harujusko! Mabuti't naparito ka! Hindi ko na kayang marinig pa ang mga hagulgol ni Amber. Halika at pumasok. Wala ngayon ang Mommy at Daddy ni Amber, nasa Singapore sila at may inaasikaso." Mahabang litanya ng mayordoma

Naglakad ako papasok ng bahay nina Amber and it almost weakened my knees. The place looks gloomy. It's like a family has moved out of the house. Kung hindi lang dahil sa malakas na music na nagmumula sa second floor, it would look like a haunted house.     

"Nasa taas si Amber........ Naawa na ako sa batang iyon. Araw at gabi siyang nasa kwarto at umiiyak. Kung hindi lang sa tugtog na ayaw niyang patayin, rinig na rinig rito ang iyak ng batang iyan. Bryan, tulungan mo siya ha? Kailangang kailangan ka niya ngayon." sabi ng mayordoma at tumango na lamang ako

Naglakad ako sa marble staircase ng bahay nina Amber at mahinahong sumusulyap sa mga portrait niyang nakangiti. Amber is pretty. But now, she's breaking down.

I shrugged the thought off, I need to be strong. Kailangang kailangan ka niya ngayon............

The words of the head maid echoed in my head. She needs me..... I know.

Palakas ng palakas ang tugtog habang palapit ako ng palapit sa kwarto ni Amber. I didn't bothered to knock because I don't want to disturb her. She might be sleeping. I slowly opened the door making sure not to make a creaking sound. Thank God it didn't make any sound.

When I got a full view of her room, I saw her in one corner. Cuddling her knees and tears dropping on it. She was looking at a picture. Yung picture namin sa beach. I gave it to her as a remembrance.

I walked near the CD player and stopped it from playing music. Amber looked up because of it and she ran towards me.

"Bryan!" she shouted and hugged me

Her hug was tight and full of longing. I caressed her head as my tear dropped on her hair. I kissed the spot where my tears dropped and hugged her even tighter.

"Did you miss me?" I asked but instead of answering yes, she sobbed

I smiled bitterly and looked at her. I held on her shoulders and looked at her eyes.

"Amber? Can you hear me? Shh.......don't cry. I'm here for you. Shh......stop crying." I said but she cried more

I led her to the bed and let her sit there. I stared at her. She laid down on her bed and I sat beside her.

"Do you want me to sing?" I asked and she nodded in response

CONOR MAYNARD: WAY BACK HOME

Remember when I told you
"No matter where I go
I'll never leave your side
You will never be alone"
Even when we go through changes
Even when we're old
Remember that I told you
I'll find my way back home

I could never let you go
Couldn't run away if I tried
'Cause even when I'm all alone
You still got a hold on my mind
And I'll always let you know
That I'm always gonna hold on

And I told you right from the start
You just say the word and I'll go
No, it doesn't matter how far
'Cause your love is all that I know
Baby you just stay where you are
And you know I won't be too long
Hold on
Hold on

Remember when I told you
"No matter where I go
I'll never leave your side
You will never be alone"
Even when we go through changes
Even when we're old
Remember that I told you
I'll find my way back home

As the song ended, I saw her sleeping peacefully. I'll make sure that you won't hurt again. Cause whenever you're hurting, I also feel the pain. Please, make sure that you won't get hurt whenever I'm not around kasi doble yung nararamdaman kong sakit kapag ganun.

I stood up and roamed my eyes on her room. Now it's time for me to unfold the truth. I don't want to be a dumb and idiot person in this issue. I need to feed my curiosity if I want to protect Amber. And I think knowing her past is the best way to fulfill my eagerness.

When my eyes settled on her side table, I opened it slowly. There I saw a pink scrapbook like notebook. I slowly opened it and there was a quote in the first page.

~Behind my one smile, are thousands of unspoken words I am trying to hide ~

Contrary to the cover of the book, the inside looks gloomy. It seems like her past didn't go well. I'm sorry Amber, but I have to do this.