chapter 9

Kobe Neverson

Chantel walked in the hospital room that I was in. I cheered up when I saw her.

"You're so beautiful." She kisses my bandage forehead.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Her charming eyes looks at me.

I didn't say anything after that.

"You hungry?" She asks as I paid attention to the television.

"Nah, not really."

"Your family really wants to see you..."

"Who's out there again?"

"Your mom, dad... your sisters all three and all of your brothers."

"Lay, Adrian and pops can come in. Jayden and Lyvone only come around when it benefits them. And I ain't talking to the rest of them... part of the reason why I'm in here." I mumble the last part lowly. She looked at me skeptical before leaving the room- to go get them I assume.

My nurse came in, a Caucasian woman with long ginger hair that was in a bun and freckles plaster all over her face.

"How you feeling?" She asked checking the machines.

"Eh..."

"Hungry?"

"Nah."

"Did you use the bathroom?"

"No."

"Do you have too?"

"Not right now." I answered playing with my pointy finger. That was the only finger that wasn't bandaged up.

"Any pain."

"A little. Not much."

"Kobe!" Layla says coming into the room with a big smile of her face.

"Hey sis."

Pops followed in behind her.

"Hey baby boy."

"Wassup pops."

"How are you feeling?" Layla asks just as Chantel sat back down.

"Okayish."

"I'll give you guys a moment." My nurse says before stepping away.

"I'm glad you're okay." Pops tells me then gives me a short hug.

"Why aren't you letting everyone in?" Layla questions rubbing hand sanitizer on her hands.

"I don't fuck with them like that."

"Hey... that's your family and your mom... your mom is very important." Trey says in defense.

"Now I'm important? Just a couple weeks ago she kicked my ass out, and she clearly knows she likes Tristan's sons only, she won't admit it but I know. She baby's Messiah to the fullest."

"She does baby him a lot." Layla agrees.

"And When is the last time I even talked to Lyvone, Jayden, and the twins before this happened. I tried to protect Alyssa and she ignores me- and all of us...cmon I ain't doing that shit no more. I just wanna be at peace."

No one said anything after my statement. It wasn't up for debate either, I had my opinion and everyone else had theirs.

Tremaine Neverson