chapter 38

Adrian Neverson

"Dad can I-"

"No." I cut Kohden off and tended to the breakfast, he was still grounded. "When you get done eating, finish your homework and go to your room."

"Dad I-" I glared at him as he closed his mouth.

We were now having a big breakfast at 7 am being that Katen wanted to go check out his other school at 10pm. He still was unsure about going, but I think he was leaning towards not going and waiting until collage. It did have a trail weekend where he could test try it out for a few days and he wanted to do that.

He was truly excited and I knew he would. Each of my boys had pieces of my characteristics. Kohden was obviously the firecracker, Katen was the brainiac and Kabir is the laid back- go with the flow one.

In luck Bella, Kohden and Kabir didn't have school today because Superintendents Day, so they all will get a chance to say bye to Kabir since he was only leaving for a few days for trail.

I looked over at Bella, who barely even touched her food.

"Bella, are you gonna eat?"

"I-I'm not hungry." She adjusted in her seat.

"You are going to be hungry, eat a little." Cyn replies softly but she looked unamused.

Bella picked through her food as I sighed. I didn't know what was going on with her.

"Alright, I gotta finish getting ready! Kabir come on." Katen replies referring to one of his brothers. He was still upset with Kohden after what happened. Katen and Kabir removed themselves and raced upstairs.

"You staying here." I told Kohden who chewed the rest of his pancakes.

"How long am I grounded for?" He questions mumbling his words.

"Until I say you're not, while I'm gone make sure your homework is done, no video games, no phone, no laptop, no texting, don't be disrespectful and listen to what Cyn says. Do you hear me? And if I catch you doing some shit, it will be a big ass problem. Understand?"

"Yes sir."

****

After the quick goodbye Katen give Kohden, he gave Bella and his baby sister a kiss goodbye, and hugged Cyn all before we left. Now Katen, Kabir and I were heading to drop him off. Eva, their mom would meeting us along with my mother. I called my father in advance who said he'd make it, but I haven't heard from him today.

As I turned into the building parking lot, I immediately found a parking spot and parked my G Wagon. In less that five minutes we all hopped up and met up with mama, Eva, her mama who didn't really like me now— various reasons, along with Eva's sister.

"You really about to leave us?" Eva asked our son.

"It's for a few days plus I'm a growing man now, mama."

"Boy, please." I chuckled at them.

"Hey, how you doing?" I asked Eva giving her a slight hug.

"I'm good, how are you? Congratulations on the new baby."

"Thank you." I replied as Eva's family, mama and the boys watched us thinking it would be awkward. It was a bit weird at the moment, but her and I both moved on, and I still have so much love for her.

I must admit, being the man that I am— I do have eyes for Cyn, and Cyn only. She's the one I make love too and is sleeping with me every night. But, will never forget Eva was my first wife and gave me three handsome boys.