Chapter 50

Tristan Thompson

I felt her eyes burst open and I felt a good energy within her whole ora. She might have been still tired from last night, since we talked until five in the morning. She laid on top of me with my hands wrapped around her securely.

"You still sleepy? You been sleep for a while big head." I asked rubbing her exposed leg that was soft.

"You the only person who got a big head. Glad Messiah didn't get that trait from you."

I squeezed her ass harder than usual after her statement.

"I gotta pee." She removed herself from my body, slightly agitated because she had to move.

After doing my business, washing my hands and face I went out to the bedroom to see Kera who went back to sleep. I let her sleep peacefully heading downstairs. I placed one of my Starbucks coffee package in my Keurig machine as my phone rung and it was Marcus.

"Hello." I pressed the speaker button.

"Hello, How is she doing? Y'all talked yet?"

"She's fine now. Last night was hard to see her like that. You know she shuts down quick & isolates herself."

"Because she loves you hard, so one explosive argument she can't always handle the pressure."

"Yeah I know." I agreed with him placing just a little cream into my coffee since I wanted it mostly black.

"You still having dinner tonight?"

"If she wants to do it."

"Isn't it a surprise though?" He asked confusedly.

"She don't really like surprises that much."

"Well let me know if anything changes. I haven't talk to her in a lil minute. All she do is text I'm fine or ignore me."

"Alright I'll hit you back."

"Bet."

I sipped my coffee before answering another incoming call from my mother.

"Uh, I see you forgot to call me."

"Mama I–"

"Yeah, I see how it is."

"Ma." I pleaded. I usually call her every morning, she's getting older and she's been hinting around me moving back to Canada but I got caught up with my wife who needs me too.

"I'm sorry, I was talking to my wife all night."

"Ohh. She came back?"

"Yeah."

"Are you guys getting a divorce?" She asked me nonchalantly.

"No."

"That's good." I sipped more of my coffee. I yawned before the phone somehow clicked end and it hung up. To be honest I didn't feel like calling her back so I didn't.

****

Just as the turkey bacon finished draining on the paper towel, I placed it on her plate next to the eggs. I carried her tray upstairs as she laid on her side. She woke up completely once she saw and heard me. A small smile appeared on her face too.

"Thank you." She said very lowly.

"Welcome." I replied placing a small peck on her forehead. She sat up as the tray was placed right in front of her.

"You feel a little bit better? Now that you got some rest."

"Yeah... a little." She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly eating her eggs and potatoes.