chapter 26

Yes, this chapter is long! From here on out they will be long because I want to make sure every jaw dropping, emotional moment is released! Enjoy!

Kera Thompson

After the devastating news that I received, I rushed to the hospital, and met up with my family. My brother, sister, and father. This was heartbreaking. My mother was currently on life support— not talking, not responding, barely breathing. This was her time.

I shed a few tears, here and there but I feel I haven't broke down yet— I'm so tired of crying, and going through some type of pain, whether it's with my children (24/7), my job, my obsessed ex husband— now my mother. Can I get a break?

"We have to do everything there is possible to prolong her life." Korea points out holding mama's right hand weakly.

"Korea—" Brayden pleaded with her but, she cut him off.

"We have to do everything we can to say here."

"Babygirl-" Dad said in such a soft tone, to make her understand that it was no use.

"No dad, I don't care. I will pay every hospital bill there is to save my mom. Right Kera?" Everyone looked at me at the moment, and I was stuck for a split second. I went over by, Korea and looked my twin in the eyes.

"Korea."

"Kera!" She says with tears streaming down her eyes, she knew what I was going to say, and what direction, I was taking it in.

"Listen to me! It's no use. It's her time and we have to accept that. She would just be on life support, unresponsive, not talking, eating. Korea it hurts all of us she's leaving us for good but we have to do what's best." I say, as best as I could. I didn't want to face reality either, my head was conflicting with Korea's idea too— but it was mama's time.

Korea cried into me as I held her body, and she held me. Another tear rushed down my face rapidly, but I feel I haven't let it all out yet— I didn't know if that would even happened with all the shit I've been through. I am downhearted, but I have no tears left to cry...

A good thirty minutes later, the plans to end her life support was near and this was a final goodbye, although we didn't get a final goodbye when she was responsive this was the only chance we had.

Mama's former primary doctor, doctor James strolled in with a sadden expression written all over her face. When I did go to my mother's appointments a few years back when they thought she was getting Alzheimer's, doctor James loved and took care of my mother well. And with the recent years, I pulled back because mama was doing so well on her own— I regret that.

"Hello everyone, I am/was her primary doctor, doctor James and I do have some news. I'm not aware if she told any of you, but within this month she was/is diagnosed with heart disease."

"What?" Said Brayden alert and doleful.

"She was on and off her medication, some days she would take it and I'd check and everything would be fine, and some days she pretend, where as I would give her a repellent shot every week just in case."

"And why hasn't none of her family, most importantly her children knew she was diagnosed with this? You tell us after she died. I should sue you." Korea fires in some much pain in her eyes, voice and face.

"Korea calm down." My father states trying to conceal her.

"No, after my mother is dead in a hospital bed know you telling us. What type of bullshit is that!?"