chapter 10

Two weeks later.

Adrian Neverson

Mama was having a bbq today, and although I didn't want to go be around people, I had to go for mama and the sake of the boys. No one knew about Eva's miscarriage until she plastered it onto the internet; as she does a lot of the arguments and problems we have. And I'm the complete opposite, the internet does nothing but make you feel worst, when I have a problem that's one of the places I'm not going to solve it, period. Social media isn't a therapeutic method.

I did talk to every family member that called and sent me well wishes, I just didn't want to be bothered. My wife was staying with her sister, while I took care of the boys these past days since the hospital news. She didn't even want me near her, and I knew she just continued to think I caused her stress and killed our baby. When that wasn't the case at all, while she was pregnant I've done nothing but support and give her everything she needs.
Why would I kill the baby, when that's what I wanted!? I cried at my lonely nights in my bed waiting to hold my daughter I didn't even get to see.

I guess the good people never win...

My attire was some black sweat pants, and a simple t shirt, I was not going to get dressed up, I didn't feel like getting dressed up, specially at a mental state like this. A wore a fake smile for my boys and kept it pushing. As me and my boys, made it into mama's driveway, with every other car that was parked in it, they zoomed their bodies out. I removed the key to the ignition and stepped out.

Kabir rings the doorbell followed by his brother who pushed it again, for whatever reason. Mama opens the door, laying eyes with me first before she hugged each triplet.

"Hey Dre." She says softly.

"Hey."

"How you holding up?"

I shrugged not wanting to state my true feeling nor got into detail. "I don't know."

She left it at that, before she hugs me tightly.

"I love you."

"I love you too mama."

Mama, Layla, Avanni were in the kitchen, along with Layla's daughter Alexis helping cook dinner. Kabir, Katen and Kohden surrounded Kera and Tristan's dog, Princess petting her as well.

"You good Dre." Layla asked stirring cooked pasta.

"As good as I'll get right now..."

"Adrian one two and three, come here." Mama says referring to the boys. "Handsome just like your daddy." 

Kobe strolls in with his hospital crutches, in the past month, he's getting better physically and mentally. Everyday is a process for him... for me too.

"Swagged out kids, I see y'all."  Kobe tells the boys. "You gonna' be alright G. Just like you told me. Everyday it's that much easier you just don't realize it. It'll still hurt, but one day you'll look back and it and realize it was a lesson..."

Kobe tells me before embracing me and him and I hug for a moment. I needed my brother, just as much as he needed me.

"I love you bro."