chapter 36

Adrian Neverson

Cyn and I were observing possible new homes all day today, and boy I was beyond tired of it now. But I had too because Cyn is pregnant and I didn't want to upset her and find a reason to argue. We'd been up since six am after getting all of the kids ready for school, now it 12:30pm.

"I didn't like any of the houses we saw today." I told her stopping at a red light.

"That's because you're picky."

"Shut up."

"You shut up ugly." She jokes back observing her nails.

"Says the one who was riding my face this morning." I mumbled as she immediately mushed my head in response.

"I need some nail money, need to get my nails done." She blurts changing the subject.

I reach into my wallet while driving with one hand, until she stops me.

"Dre, I'm kidding. I ain't like them other bitches, I don't ask you for your money when I get my own baby. I just wanted to know you're reaction." She tells me as I stop behind back up traffic.

"I know beautiful but sometimes I might wanna spoil you."

"Shit, ain't nothing wrong with that. Let me know. And I can definitely spoil you in more ways than one." I hand her a one hundred dollar bill with my warm hand squeezing her thigh in the process.

"I love you."

"I love you too Adrian."

We'd finally pulled into the final house for today, and it looked good from afar. It looked like a home that I would raise my family in, and I was glad of that although this wasn't our final choice.

****

Omniscient
Kera Thompson

After Kera snuck out of the bed, as best as she could without Tristan knowing due to the fact they always cuddle with each other. Her hygiene was in order, as she finished up breakfast downstairs. She just wanted to do something special for Tristan being that he's been there for her since they've met. She values him as a person and loved every fiber in his bone.

He's helped me so much where as if I didn't have him, I'd definitely would have been dead by now. Kera though to herself before shaking that thought away.  She yawns un-tiredly, just as she was about to go up the staircase, Tristan was coming down them.

"Good morning." Kera told him, and as he stepped down on the last time his lips crashed into hers.

"What are you down here making?"

"Your favorite: bacon omelette with hash browns." She tells him grabbing his hand.

"Why today, we could have just had oatmeal like we been having." He chuckled as Pj ran to Kera's feet. She picked his furry body up along with grabbing Tristan's hand.

"Today is Tristan day—"

"Tristan day?"

"I just wanna thank you for helping me through all my rough times. I really do appreciate you baby and I love you with all my heart." She expressed to him hugging his waist.

"I love you even more." He sat down as she placed the puppy down, and washed her hands with some slap & water.

She grabbed a white plate down for him and her along with silverware.