chapter 48

Four Months Later

Kera Thompson

Four months ago was the last time I physically saw Tristan. We were separated. It reminded me of when he use to leave for basketball but this time he was gone because of us— our relationship.

I've been staying with Marcus, Qaumar and the other gay couple that lives with them temporarily (Keon and Ricco). Keon I've met him a few times, not being in the house with him and actually communicating with him. He's a great listener and his advice is wonderful. I've expressed basically my life and relationship story to him, since I've been here.

Being in the house full of unproblematic gay men definitely was a change— a good change that I actually liked. There's no drama or tension as it is with women. I mean sometimes they get catty, but that's about it.

And over these few months of separation with my hus— with a man who shall be nameless; it has been really spicy in this house.  I haven't cheated, has sex or anything in that nature.

Marcus keeps trying to encourage a threesome, which will never happen and they tend to play rated-R games, along with being shirtless with low towels. Marcus says it's good for me, because with all my relationships in the pass: good and bad. It's all been basic, I never really had spice. I agreed and didn't mind seeing these attractive gay men treating me like a Queen. Besides, I was separated, and my hus— he wasn't here. They all make me feel special and I don't feel left out like the single one I am.

Marcus also encourages other things that I should, he thinks I'm been too good and always end up getting treated like shit. I thought back to that conversation.

"You're good, and I'm not saying go and out and act like a hoe, but add a little spice to your diet. It's been five months since you even had action." My face was emotionless and I didn't know how to respond.

Right now, I laid in bed under Keon who was sitting up. It wasn't that inappropriate, we were still fully clothed and I was just relaxing. He's been there for me and the way he responds to my problems is very therapeutic. Plus right now I was separated and I need attention too but let's not forget he's gay and married. I'm done explaining myself anyway, Tristan wasn't here and  nobody needs a explanation.

"Dinner is done." Rico told us entering the room.

I removed myself as Keon then followed me as I walked behind Rico. I made sure my oversized t shirt was pulled down.

Momentarily, we were at the island booth table with the food plastered in front of us. Let's not forget, over these five months we've been eating good. I still stick to my diet and I don't go overboard and we all work out so it's not like I gained weight. I looked at the delicious food in front which was baked stuff potatoes, steak, mac and cheese, asparagus and crab that Marcus's chef prepared.

 I looked at the delicious food in front which was baked stuff potatoes, steak, mac and cheese, asparagus and crab that Marcus's chef prepared