chapter 34

Avanni Neverson

I didn't expect this at all. I didn't even know I was pregnant. Mack and I aren't trying to get pregnant, it just happened. It's been complicated for these last couple months. Every since my last pregnancy, I had one doctor tell me I was fine and the issue wasn't with me, it was with Mack, I could have more children. And another doctors saying my uterus wouldn't be able to hold anymore babies. I was torn and confused and I felt alone. I never opened to anyone about this, not even Mack. He knows we've been having some trouble but I didn't know where this was coming from.

And after leaving the doctors office, I found out I was pregnant but I lost the baby. I was only about a month, yet they had to remove whatever was attempting to grow in me. The baby, was growing in the wrong spot and they were sure the baby wouldn't survive...

I hadn't realized I was crying, until a tear slipped down my eye while driving. I took a breather before I continued driving, I couldn't necessarily go to my mother because she didn't need the stress, Alyssa was missing and I didn't fuck with Layla. I had friends to go to but overall I just needed to deal with this situation alone, instead of running to people. Maybe I should talk to Mack...

A week later

Kera Thompson

Hopefully today runs by as smooth as possible being that I'd text all my children a few days ago about a family dinner today. I know there was drama between Layla and everybody else so  I didn't know what to expect today. I definitely didn't need the drama.

When I called Alyssa and Messiah a few a days ago they both didn't answer. They both returned my call a few days later; Messiah sounded off but he said he would be down here soon. Alyssa I was surprised to hear from her and she said pretty much the same thing. Her and her child's father have been arguing over social media for the last twenty four hours so I wasn't quite sure what was going on with her and her mental state. If anything she needs to get it together for her child.

With the help from my amazing husband I've been processing day by day and making more improvements. Of course Korea and Marcus play a huge part in that too. It's still a lot to deal with, and all the drama and my mother passing, I'm still thankful to be here to see my children, my husband and grandchildren and counting.

My dad stopped by this morning as we shared some coffee and talked about old memories and how many great grandchildren he was having... A total of 11 grandchildren and counting.

Currently I finished preparing dinner, one of my mom's classic recipes with the help of my husband of course. Princess and her puppies were getting big and bigger by the day, who was also running in and out of the kitchen.

Tristan has been acting a bit abnormal today, like he had to tell me something and usually he's not like this. So whatever it is I hope he tells me.

In due time my children started arriving and I wanted to wait until they all got here at once. Adrian was first, with his beautiful family.

"Hey ma." He told me before hugging me tightly.

"Hey, so handsome." I told him without hesitation.

"Thank you."

Then Kobe came along with Carmen, Layla arrived with Alexis and lastly was Avanni and her family. Now we're all sitting outside for dinner, since of course I had a patio table out there. Dinner wasn't quiet done as I listen to Kobe and Adrian bicker jokingly about who my favorite child was. In reality I loved all my children equally.

There was a little animosity between a few but I didn't say anything about it, just yet. Layla rubbed her big belly, while occasionally texting.

"Layla when is your baby shower?" Cyn asks her which caught my attention because I forgot.