Chapter 67

I know that virus is going around in real life, but I'm not adding that negativity in the book! Things are staying 'normal' in this book! 🥳

Kobe Neverson

"Babe!" I heard Latina, my girlfriend call for me as I brought up my guacamole and turkey sandwich. I was currently on the phone with mama and had a mouth full of food.

"Kobe? Are you listening?" Mama asked me.

"Babe!" Latina called again as I enter the room after chewing as fast as I could.

My pointed finger went up indicating I needed a moment.

"Who are you talking too on the phone?" She asked me as I sat down on the bedroom chair.

Somehow as the phone pressed against my ear, it ended up on speaker, just as mama spoke again.

"Who's that in the background?"

Latina observed me as I turned my iPhone off speaker and sighed lowly. They hadn't met before and it's not that I'm dreading it, it's just that I want Latina to be the one so she can met mama or make sure she's at least gonna be with me for a while. I'm tired of being these girls around mama, then we don't stay together.

"Mama, it's my girlfriend." I told her in a relaxed tone.

"Oh... how long have y'all been together?"

"For a while now."

"..... Are you gonna bring her by today? You can come early so we can get that one on one."

"Probably, I'll see." I bit into my sandwich again.

"Okay, I'll see you when you get here."

"Okay mama."

We said our goodbyes just as Latina sat on the edge of the bed.

"You wanna go to meet my mom? Her house is finished and she's having a dinner."

"...Y-Yeah. It's time." She said adjusting her bra.
"But what about us moving to New York?" She asked again, after we'd briefly talked about it yesterday.

"My mama would have a fit. Plus I'm a LA nigga, hard and proud. Los Angeles will always be home."

"Maybe it's time for a change— if we start having kids I want them to be close and know my family too—"

"I don't know what the future holds regarding kids and when we'll have them but my mama will go crazy if another one of her kids moves somewhere else. And I'll be moving to the east coast."

"Kobe you're a grown man—" She pleaded with me.

"You don't know my mom like I do."

"We'll talk about it later." She said heading to the closet. I didn't say anything in response.

****

"Relax." I told Latina feeling her nerves as we approached the door. I lifted her chin for a overdue kiss.

"This house is beautiful."

"Yes it is."

I knocked on the door a few times as Steph eventually answered.

"Hey Kobe." She said giving me a small side hug.

"Hey."

"Hi how are you?" She greeted Latina respectfully.

"I'm good, thank you."

I followed Steph in the kitchen looking around because this house was so different a while ago. The chefs were near the stove cooking so we continued into the new and improved living room. The natural light almost blinded me but I must admit this was dope.