Chapter 55

Adrian Neverson

She spotted me, her face was completely perplexed, her eyes had a in charge look before, and her body language set my drunk ass off. I unhurried made my way towards her and said, "home." My eyes felt super low and tired but looking into her, it felt like she had dominance over me.

She stood there taken back until I grabbed her waist and embraced her like I wanted to do when I saw her twenty five minutes ago. I whispered in her arm as her arms wrapped around my neck. "Take me home."

No questions were asked as she let me go and looked into my eyes once more.

"Let me get my things." She kindly said bagging her heels into her Louis Vuitton duffle bag. She finished as I leaned over a little too much almost falling over. She helped me though, grabbing my hand placing a pair of blacked out glasses on my face.

"Dark." I said to her to the best of my own abilities, indicating that I couldn't see much, plus it was already blurry and I was drunk. The Hennessy shots I've had were well above my limit.

Her and I walked out to the elevator as she held my hand the whole time. The short ride down was nothing but it made me claustrophobic because I was intoxicated. Thankfully the door opened just as I sighed heavily, and we continued walking out— even out the side door. We made it pass people to the parking lot and luckily no one recognized me because of the shades I had on.

As you made it to her black range rover, she assisted me into the passenger seat, even placing my seatbelt on which then triggered my befuddled brain to take it off. Even with my drunken eyesight I can still sense her eyes watching me curiously. She paused and strapped me back in, telling me not to unclick.

"Yes, Thank you. I don't wanna die. They tryna take me. I don't wanna -go. I can't see, can you help me?" I ranted out of my mind smelling her scent all in the atmosphere. She removed the shades before closing the door. The unfamiliar yet familiar woman, got in the driver seat and started up the car.

"There was just a lot of Hennessy and Patron. She came and gave me another drink and I took it, I'm really sorry, I ain't mean to drink that shit. I fucked up right!?" I slurred here and there taking random thoughts from my head and forming sentences.

"Okay." She said calmly, making me shift my head towards her as she continued driving.
"Where do you want me to drop you off at?" She asked me as my brain jumped to the first time I saw her on social media. I told my old assistant to give me her number for me and she gave me some number that didn't go through. That was during them time Eva and I got a divorce and I was officially single. A while ago.

"You know when I first saw you on Instagram, I would double tap a few pictures here and there and fantasize about you." I told her leaning the seat back, all the way back. "My old assistant her ass liked me— while working me. I told her to give you digits and she gave me some shit that didn't work," I laughed mid way through the story. "And I was singing... Mr. telephone man, there's something wrong with my line, when I dial my baby's number, I get click every time." I sung along to New Edition that was playing only in my head.

She watched me at the red light and laughed.
"Deadass. For a whole day, I ain't eat or sleep because you broke my heart." I told her rubbing her exposed upper arm, before she drove off.

"Adrian, you are so drunk." She said with a smile that I could dizzily see. "Where do you want me to take you?" She questions again as I rolled the window down.

"A Atlanta strip club. I hear them joints be on point. We can make it, it would take like ten hours." I answered turning the radio up.

"I would give you the world, baby girl
You just gotta be worth it (Oh, oh, oh)
You don't gotta be perfect (Mmh, mmh, mmh)!" I screamed just like YK Osiris does in his song. I put the shades back on and laid back in my seat singing like I was my father back in the day.