chapter 32

A Month Later...

Kera Thompson

I heard about Layla, I wasn't proud but it's her decision but she's a grown woman. I can't stop her, and I can't ground her— she's a grown woman. I can only hope for the best. Although Da'vante is only half brothers with Alyssa's ex (Younust) hopefully someday, we can get to peace— right now situation is crazy and out of pocket. Alyssa was now fully in Houston— I think and she calls me every now and then.

But aside from all of that— I'm coming home to my house today! After staying the hospital and nursing home for a while month. I was ready to go home, to my bed, eat my food and walk around naked if I want too. Marcus and Q were down here for a few months, and he had my part-time team come to do my makeup and get my outfit. Marcus was that extra, but I appreciated it so much. Tristan thought it was unnecessary but ya' know Marcus...

My makeup was finished and my bags were packed— I was finally leaving the hospital and sure indeed I had a taste for a home cooked meal-— all of the above.

"I miss Princess." I mumbled back to Tristan as he made it to our private exit being that paparazzi was at the main entrance.

"She's doing great, her and her babies are wild."

"I bet."

I kissed his lips as he rubbed his beard on me. I giggled.

Within thirty minutes we pulled up to our house— the one I missed dearly and haven't been in, in a while. I missed sleeping in my bed, and eating my food. Tristan grabs my hand as our assistances grabs the rest of my hospital bags. I saw black and gold decorated around the outside of the house along with the cars parked in the driveway.

My hands clapped together in excitement.

"You ready?" He asks grabbing my hand as we made it to the door. When he opened it, I saw my family and friends. The ones who've been there though thick and thin.

"Surprise!" They all shouted. My children, their children, some of Tristan's family, and our friends.

I beamed hiding behind Tristan.

"I just wanna let you know I love you so much beautiful, and you're still my heart, my life. I love you so much. And look at you, still out here killin' it." Marcus told me hugging my body.

"I love you too." I said to him with incoming tears.

"You look amazing mommy." Avanni mumbles right after him.

"I said that already." Marcus jokes to her.

"Uh, bye sir." She fanned him away, hugging Tristan.

"I changed your diapers missy."

She ignored his comment by smiling from ear to ear.

"Where your sister?" I question to my daughter.

She shrugged. "Houston."

Every since the whole encounter with Layla that I heard about, she's been distance again. She'd call me every month or two— that's about it. Although you don't know anyone's motives and I hope Layla is careful. She got herself into the situation and if she's love him— she's going to have to be with him. I've been through worst personally so who am I to judge. Da'vante is just not welcome around the family— now, maybe forever. It's too much drama to be open arms right now. And I don't hate him, his brother or Layla's decisions. I've been through worst so at my age— I have no hate or resentment in my heart.