chapter 16

Alyssa Neverson

A few more big pushes, I was out of breath, hungry, my headache was occurring, my vagina was bleeding, my body was acing, but my heart was overjoyed. My son's bloody pale body was skin to skin on my chest, I felt his temperature and heard his cries. His daddy stood right beside me rubbing the baby's wet full head of jet black hair. A tear of joy was down my face, my son was here.

The nurses immediately took the baby, after our brief moment rushing him out, to make sure he had his health in check. As my Vagina got cleaned up by my nurse, Izzy's plump lips, kisses my nose.

My natural curls were all over the place, as he took my brush from my overnight bag; and started brushing it. He grabs out my spray bottles and scrunchies to fix my hair. I wanted to laugh, hug and kiss him but all I could do was smile. I was still breathless. As he brushed my hair to the best of his abilities all I wanted to do was see my baby and sleep.

"Love you." I told him.

"Love you too."

Layla Neverson

My divorce was finished and complete. Terrence and didn't split up on bad terms, he's just so focused on his work we departed ways in our love life. We're still great friends and parents to our daughter. Right now I was single, and I haven't been in years— it felt funny. My girlfriend was here as her and I shared some both kinds of tea— the drama and the drink.

"Soooo you're officially unmarried. You're back to Layla Neverson how does it feel?"

"The same. It's been like this for a couple months with Terrence anyway. He would be so busy in his work... there was no time for me. The divorce and the divorce papers finalized it."

"So when the last time you had some, the coochie probably dry..."

I laughed at her foolishness "It's been a while, to be honest but I'm not even worried about the next man, dick and whatnot. My daughter is most important."

"But girl, I know you want a lil something."

I sipped my green tea. "I'm fine." I checked the time on my Rolex, Kobe bought me for my birthday.

"It's almost time for 'Lex to get off the bus."

"Oh okay. If you wanna go out to the club or something when your baby daddy being a baby daddy, hit me up."

She says as her and I walked to the door. I shook my head, everyone has that one best crazy friend.

****

"How was school?" I asked Alexis making a snack for her.

"Fine."

"Lunch was good?"

"It was okay."

"You feeling okay?"

"Yeah." She seems in the same sorrow attitude.
Something was wrong and I didn't know what it was. As she tried to go upstairs I stopped her

"You're sad, sit let's talk."

She did as told slowly, I passed her her some of my homemade granola bars with a glass of  almond milk.