chapter 28

Brace yourself! 😳
Excuse mistakes!

Layla Neverson

"Younust you are lying! My sister would never. Get the fuck out!" I heard Alyssa's scream at him.

She didn't know the truth, because in all actually I was dealing with Da'vante.
I know dealing with him would eventually lead to some encounter like this, I just didn't know when— today wasn't supposed to be the day.

While throwing up the corn dog, cotton-candy amongst other foods that I'd ate, I felt Avanni tie my hair up helping me.

Which bring me to today a few days after what happened.

In luck Younust did leave after that, and Alyssa still thinks that he's lying about me dealing with Da'vante. I haven't confirmed or denied anything let alone speak to Da'vante in a few days. Alexis's party was not ruined everything because once he left everything went back to normal once he'd left being that this was a dramatic inside encounter and everyone else was outside. As of right now Alexis was with her dad in New York City, for her after birthday and his business trip.

Da'vante's been blowing my phone up though, so clearly Younust ran back and told Da'vante everything. He was genuinely concerned about me, but I personally didn't know how to handle this situation. The part that had me discombobulated was why was Younust even here in the first place; my daughter's party to air business that had nothing to do with him at all.

I didn't completely know Da'vante's motivates but at the same time, something in my heart was telling me— he's not the bad guy. It's just his placement in this situation by being related to Younust makes it look horrible than what it really is.

While making it downstairs to grab a banana, the doorbell rung and I slowly but surely went to retrieve it. I peeped through the hole and saw, Da'vante standing there with his dreadlocks in a man bun and his hands in his pockets.

I was tempted to open the door as quickly as I wanted too, but honestly I was indeed fearful of that— how ugly this situation can become. I didn't have a answer for how this would turn out either, I just stood there as he knocked again and again.

"What do you need Da'vante? I asked through the closed and locked door.

"Layla we need to talk..." He spoke in such a mellow relaxed tone.

"Da'vante-"

"Layla please."

A few moments later, my eyes were unknowingly getting watery, as I unlocked the door letting him in. He immediately grabs my body tightly wrapping his arms around me. And that's when I cried into his chest for what felt like forever until it ended and I pulled away.

"I knew this was a bad idea, look before this story gets out completely you should go—" I told his wiping my tears

"Layla-"

"No, Da'vante! It's already messy and wrong!"

"Don't stand here and deny the fact of how I make you feel and what we did." He barks a little making me jump. I begin to walk away with my hands on my head becoming oven more emotional. He follows me to my backyard as I watch the pool lights light up.