chapter 42

Kobe Neverson

"You look sexier now with this haircut." Carmen tells me placing her arms around my neck, standing in between my legs as I sat on the bathroom sink.

"I been sexy.... don't play."

She slaps me lightly. "Don't be cocky before I rub your waves the opposite direction."

"Then it's war." We share a laugh before her lips go on top of mine. "You look so beautiful. Give me a 360." As I held her hand in the air she spins around for me. "That's all me." I grab her waist pretending to hit it from the back.

"Boy bye." She moves away from me fixing her hair. I remove myself from the counter to look myself in the mirror.

We then hear a little sneeze in the bedroom, knowing it was baby Ellie. My face and my heart smiled as both Carmen and I head into the bedroom. Ellie laid on the bed with over five pillows surrounding her.

"Hi pretty girl, you ready to go?" Carmen asks picking her up as her little head rested on her mama.

"She been sleep for a while."

"I know, tired little Cookie Monster." Carmen coos at her daughter.

****

"Don't giggle I need you to focus. Put on your model face babygirl." I coach my daughter as she laid on the white blanket modeling already, for a popular headband brand.

Carmen just laughs as if I was the lunatic.

"Kobe move, yourself."

"Don't distract her, focus on the camera Ellie, you're doing great." I say kissing her little hands. That's when she looked straight into the camera and that moment was captured.

 That's when she looked straight into the camera and that moment was captured

"She's so adorable." The cameraman tells us.

"Thank you, she gets it from me."

"Kobe." Carmen smacks the back of my head making our daughter instantly giggle.

Alyssa Neverson