Chapter 39

Avanni Neverson

- How can you be with a racist man!

- Your daughter's have a racist father!

- How are you still with him, leave him!

- This is exactly what you get for dating that majority white man!

- Alyssa was in a horrible relationship and she leveled up with Izzy, you should do the same!

Mack ended up getting fired from work due to the disruption, so his characters is immediately getting died off from the show. Not to mention, people have been burning Mack's billboards, anything that was tied to Mack who being vandalized. Let's not forget, that Mack's whole family, even his mother, sister and brother who had nothing to do with the video, and I knew who weren't racist where being attacked. They couldn't go out in public without someone recording photos and people ready to hurt them.

It saddens me. For the people who were in the video and left out of line comments should be the one, but they live somewhere— I didn't know. The video is eight years old of living proof though.

In the midst of all that, I continued packing my things. Mack was out somewhere, doing something only making his situation worst. A few tears fell down my eyes while doing so, because all this shit happened so fast.

"So you leaving? Giving up?" Mack asked standing in the doorway, scaring me in more ways than one.

"No- Mack I just need some space."

"So when shit gets rough you leave? Huh, that's what you do!" He replies and I could hear the irritation in his voice.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"So you what you packing for!?"

"I told you," I screaming pausing for a brief moment. "I told you I needed some space. Can you respect that. This shit has nothing to do with me or our kids."

"If the shoe was on the other foot, specially with all the drama with you and your family— I was there for you! You know I'm not racist so you leaving to do what!" He yelled trying to calm down at times, but failed. His voice booming like that only made me feel worst.

We shared a intimate moment together. No words were being said, I observed him and he did the same to me—standing in the same circle.

"It's a lot and I get it. But I don't like the fact you getting ready to run and dip, knowing when your family is going through something— I am always here for you, no matter what. To be honest, some of my family is racist not all of them but some. I know, my mother, my sisters, brother and me aren't. And that's for a fact. That shit isn't even possible because look at myself— look at my daughters. My dad is African American," He sighed on his rant as I removed my hand. I could tell this was eating him alive.

"Right now, I need you now more than ever. But me and my mother thinks it's best to go to Colorado to be with my pops and all of them. Los Angeles just isn't for me right now. Even my manager is acting shady towards me. Going to Colorado to clear my head, since you already packing you can just whenever you were going." I listen to his words.

"Mack, we have two daughters. And their world shouldn't be turned upside down. It's already a lot with paparazzi and the media. Go to Colorado and I'll hold it down here... I guess."

He didn't say anything... I didn't say anything and we left it at that. Yes it's a lot to deal with but I'll be damned if my children have to suffer too. I suffered time to time as a kid because of my parents arguing and being unhappy, I won't allow myself to show that to my children.