Chapter 5

Kasumi's POV

"Kasumi! Come over a minute?" Gramps called. I was torn. Half of me wanted to continue chatting with Sting, but the other half wants to save myself from the consistent blushing whenever HE looks at me.

"Coming!" I reply. "Excuse me a sec" I apologise to the growing clique, with another eavesdropping person: Minerva.

She's such an extra. Huehuehue.

I notice that Sting looks kinda disappointed when I leave--even if it's just for 5 minutes--he steps forward and places his hand on my head.

"See ya later" he says jokingly, causing me to blush a deep crimson.

From the corner of my eye, I see my brother giving Sting a withering glare.

Ohhh...someone's jealous...maybe he wants to do that to Mira too, haha. But seriously, Laxus is overprotective of me. Geez.

Gramps tells me about redecorating the guild hall and buying a liquor factory for the 20th time. Sometimes I wonder if he's turning into Cana...

"So...who's the blond? You guys seem pretty close..." A low, slightly annoyed voice queried behind me.

I laugh. I can feel him raise an eyebrow in amusement and possibly annoyance. "Laxus, we talked during the grand magic games, don't you remember? Sting and I became friends during the games, he even SPOKE to you before!" I give an exasperated sigh.

Well, not that he noticed. He's always too busy staring at Mira anyways...that stalker. I can't believe that he's my brother, hahaha.

"Ohhh...so you're not a..." he mouthed the word 'couple' behind gramps back. I swear, if he wasn't my brother I would've sent him flying a long time ago.

"As if the whole guild hasn't noticed that you have a crush on Mira..." I retort, smirking. To my satisfaction, his face turned a few shades darker than Erza's hair.

"T-that's not true!" Laxus whisper-yelled at me defensively. I grin at him mischievously, successfully making him blush a few shades darker.

I turned back to gramps, pretending that the conversation never happened. I could hear Laxus gritting his teeth behind me with my dragon hearing.

Haha, serves him right!

♡ time skip ♡

Finally, the party's over. Gramps and Cana has a drinking contest, and of course she wins. Why am I not surprised?

Outside the pub, I say goodnight to Sting. He tells me that they would be staying in Magnolia for a few more days. AND he would like to meet up at a cafe to chat! My heart did a mini somersault. Yayyy!!!

Wait. Am I--

He interrupted my train of thought by leaning in and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

Omigod! Omigod! Omigod! Kyaaaa!!!!!>□<

I blushed really, really hard, barely able to utter,"Goodnight" to him.

Am I falling for Sting? I hope he feels the same way...

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪