Chapter 7

Kasumi's POV

With my hand on my cheek, I bounded up the stairs of the pub. Everyone was still inside, and my absence for more than 5 minutes would probably make Laxus call the entire Fiore army down. As I stepped into the pub, I looked down the deserted street again. I took a deep breath as his scent travelled to me on the cool night breeze.

"Took you long enough to say goodnight" sure enough, Laxus was staring at me like a father that caught his daughter creeping into the house after curfew. I just rolled my eyes at him while I walked over to Lucy, Wendy and Cana at the bar.

"Okay, spit it out. What's your new relationship status with Saber's master?" Cana gave me look that told me that she saw everything while Lucy and Wendy gave me gossip-deprived puppy eyes.

"You guys too?! I already have an overprotective brother breathing down my neck every minute!" I complained. My only consolation was a round of evil laughter from those girls. I sighed. I knew that I was fighting a losing battle here. T-T

Once they saw my expression, they knew that they had won and cheered. What am I going to do with these people...

"Look, there's nothing going on, 'kay? Sting and I are just friends. Our dragons got along really well, and so did Sting and I. That's all." I said nonchalantly. But as I did so, a tiny thought that I have been pushing into the deep recesses of my mind finally surfaced.

You and I both know that it's not the truth, don't we?

That thought nagged away at my mind the entire time. I felt my confidence falter when I spoke about my relationship with Sting to Mira, I could literally see that devilish mind of hers send a ship away.

♡time skip♡

Back at the guild, I retreated into my room just in time to avoid a table flying across the guild hall...and smack into the back of Erza's head, while she was still eating her strawberry cake. Ouch. In less than a minute, a dark aura has surrounded her.

"Natsu! Gray! You idiots are to blame for this, aren't you?!" She growled, requipting into her Heaven's Wheel armour. "Prepare yourselves. Blumenblatt!!!"

Millions of swords were unleashed at Natsu and Gray, who were too afraid to dodge.

"Kyaaaa!" Both Natsu and Gray were beaten to a pulp in a matter of seconds. I sigh.

Why don't they ever learn their lesson?

"Stop destroying the guild!!!!" A voice thick with alcohol hollered, and I see a huge fist squashing Natsu and Gray. Poor gramps. I kinda feel sorry for the twin idiots as well.

Double kill. Haha.

As I close my room door on the ruckus outside, my phone lacrima sprang to life.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hi! It's me. I was wondering if you would like to meet up at the Beach House this Saturday? It's near the Akane Resort. We could bring everyone for a mini vacation at the beach too!" Sting's voice sounded at the other end of the receiver.

"Hold on, just lemme ask them"

Hey, wanna go to Akane beach for a mini vacation with Saber this Saturday? I asked everyone telepathically.

Once my mind was overloaded by overlapping "yes"s, I answered Sting with an excited "sure".

"Kay, see u at around 8.30, entrance of the Beach House?"

"Yup. Bye!"

"Bai" He says, with a little less vigour that before, or so I thought.

Was it just my imagination or did he sound kinda disappointed to end the call?

Anyway, I have to get ready for school tomorrow. Being a student at the most prestigious school of magic, Fiore Imperial Acedemy--or FIA for short--tardiness was not allowed. Besides being a top A student in the best class, I had to keep my identity as a Fairy Tail wizard a secret. The teachers think of us as bad influence to their "innocent, pure hearted students who wish to join a decent guild"

What a pain. I can't wait to see Sting on Saturday!

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪