Chapter 9

Kasumi's POV

"C'mon Kas-chan! It's time!!!!!" A loud howl echoed inside my head. I shot up from bed, only to see two pale blue eyes glinting at me. "Lunar!!! You woke me up an hour early!!!" I complained, burying my sleep-deprived head in the pillow once more. "But I'm hungry!" Lunar yapped childishly. I opened half an eye to see a young female wolf with silvery fur giving me puppy eyes. I could barely believe that this is the same wolf that taught me moon wolf slaying magic...

"Oh fine!" I snapped as I flopped up from bed and gave Lunar a playful glare. After preparing her meal, I changed into my school uniform and tightened the butterfly knot of the thin red ribbon around the collar of my school uniform. As Lunar gulped down her meal, I slipped on my brown wing-tipped leather shoes and tied the laces deftly with magic. As a student at Fiore Imperial, we dress to the nines just for morning assembly. Thank goodness I got the scholarship, letting me get the full uniform and school fees paid for, or Gramps would be livid when he sees the daily expenses. "I'll be back soon!" I called. Lunar gave me somewhat a reply between a growl and howl before returning to her food.

In the guild, I'm a Dragon, Wolf, Demon and God slayer. With some other abilities, such as Take Over, Requip and Telekinesis magic.

As a Fiore Imperial student, however, I am a honor roll but still barely average wizard in the eyes of other guild wizards. If I would compare, my student self would hardly be stronger than those flirty Trimens.

"Oh forget it..." I mused to myself, walking in the darkness of this particular Monday morning. Lunar was probably still stuffing her face at home. Laughing at the thought, I glanced at my time lacrima, wondering how much time Sphynx, a much more mature alpha male, would take to wake his mate from her feeding frenzy.

Probably around now.

time skip ⏳

"Kas-chan! How was your weekend?" A small voice called from a corner in the classroom. I walked over to the source, seeing a slightly timid girl with two pigtails of pinkish-red coloured hair smiling at me. This is the only other person whom I allow to call me by my nickname.

"Rose-chan!" I greeted, smiling at her. Rose is my first--and only--friend in the school. Unlike the rest of the wizards, where I pretty much know everyone in every guild.

I remember my first day in this school as the new transfer student. Everyone was pretty friendly at first and smiled at me, but the first one to speak to me was Rose. She was worried that I would reject her, but we became fast friends after chatting for a while. She told me about how the class was split into two groups, the Populars and her. I was shocked at the truth. Those students were merely wanting me to join their clique!

"Oh, are you the new girl? What are you doing with this ugly trash here?" a shrill voice inquired. I turn to see Gabrielle, the leader of the Populars.

Ugly trash?! Did she just call Rose 'ugly trash'?!

Ignoring Rose and turning to me, she spoke softly, "Why don't you join my group? I can get you a good rank, you know?"

"Sure!" I replied, a plan forming in my mind. Seeing Rose stand up, tears prickling at her eyes, I quickly grabbed her wrist before continuing, "only if Rose joins with me."

Rose's eyes widened. Gabrielle stared at me slack-jawed.

"B-but why would you want to hang around that piece of trash?!" Gabrielle screamed at me, as if I had just turned down a chest full of gold.

"Fine. If you won't let her join your idiotic circus, then I'll be going." I spoke curtly, my once warm blue eyes locked her black ones in an icy glare before I turned on my heel and sauntered off, Rose in tow.