Chapter 28~FIA Camp Arc: Part 11

Sting

Flinging the tall wooden doors open, I was greeted by a table split cleanly in half that sailed through the air.

I hear a terrified squeak from the redhead (Rose) and a gasp from Benji, but I ignore them as I punch the broken furniture away.

Strolling through the doorway, I spy Kasumi happily talking to Rose and Yukino, completely unfazed by the table that nearly hit me in the face just now.

This whole 'pretend I'm not your girlfriend' thing sucks...

Before I could complain any further, flames and ice spiralled through the air and exploded as they connected, sending gusts of wind that tore into the surroundings.

They're already fighting?! It's only been fifteen minutes since we left!

But when I was about to join the fray, a hand was placed on my shoulder, gripping slightly. I froze, knowing only too well who it was.

Sighing in defeat, my readied fists powered down, the light dissipating from them. Instead, Rogue created a barrier of shadows (where Benji and Rose gasped as if it were some sort of phenomenon, but Kasumi was staring ahead, straight-faced. I could sense the anger swirling around her aura like a massive whirlpool.)

Scary...Natsu-san and Gray-san had better watch out.

"C'mon! Is that all you've got, Ice Princes?!"

"Bring it on, Flame Brain!"

Shouts of varying insults fly across the air, making the opposing party angrier by the second. I sweatdropped as the newcomers watch with both apprehension and fear, while Kasumi sighed, face-palming.

Rogue was, as always, calmly oblivious to the chaos as he entertained Frosch and his girlfriend.

It could be seen from the students' faces that they were completely petrified at the guild's behavior, but some kind of horrific facination kept them watching as Natsu-san and Gray-san fought.

"STOP IT, YOU BRATS! WE HAVE GUESTS TODAY!!" Master Makarov's voice echoed across the room, mercilessly slamming the salmon and raven-haired guys into the ground.

Rose squeaked in fear while Benji flinched.

However, at the word 'guests', everyone's eyes turned to us, making the two others squirm in discomfort under the members' stare.

"OHH!!!"

"SHE'S SO CUTE!"

"Aren't they from that magic school?"

Surprise overtook fear as the two stared at the wizards with wide eyes. Behind them, Kasumi chuckled softly at her best friend's reaction, seeing how they witnessed a different side to Fiore's most troublesome guild.

"Alright!" I shouted, waving to a few familiar faces in the crowd. "With the ongoing FIA Camp, we will be in the guild for today to experience how a real guild works, in partnership with Sabertooth, so let's have a blast, guys!"

"YEAH!!"

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

The next part of the day flew past, with Rose and Benji quickly warming up to the Fairy Tail wizards. Lucy and Mira soon became best of friends with Rose, while Erza showed off her armor to an awestruck Benji. Apparently, he's extremely interested in Requip magic, and Erza is now his new idol.

It seems like that kid is quite normal without that bratty snob around him...

Looking at Kasumi, who had sidled up to me when no one was watching, I hug her closer to me. Nuzzling into her hair, I breathe in my mate's scent, relaxing my tense muscles. I feel her lean back onto my chest, laughing lightly as she watched two completely different factions intertwine and mingle with each other.

"Thanks for choosing this guild."

That simple sentence from Kasumi made my heart skip a beat as my cheeks heat up.

"Nah...you know how much I love Fairy Tail, don't you?" I replied, trying to act cool without her noticing my voice that rose by an octave.

And then, she did something unexpected as the two students, with their buddies, accompanied Lucy and Happy for a small job that required them to deliver a few packages to different locations in Magnolia.

Once they were out of the doors, Kasumi whipped around to face me, her lips immediately connecting with mine.

I missed you so much, mate.

Me too, Kasumi...that rule you gave was so suffocating!

She laughed, her merry voice like the tinkling of wind chimes in the spring.

However, I could only admire that beautiful sound for half a second as a loud explosion richoeted from the central area of Magnolia, followed by a loud scream.

Within seconds, Kasumi was no longer the cheery girl from before, her eyes wide in anxiety.

The salmon-haired wizard stopped halfway through his fiery punch as he spun around, facing the direction of that bone-chilling scream. Fear twisted in his gut as his honed senses pick out the voice of his beloved.

"ROSE!!!"

"LUCY!!!"

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪