Chapter 16

Sting

Slowly feeling my energy replenish, I push myself away from the smooth covers. Just as I yawn, I see Kasumi saunter out of the bathroom in a black halter neck crop top, paired with a red and black checkered pleated skirt. Her typically straight blue locks tumbled down in loose curls due to the seawater, and in her hands were a pair of mahogany knee-high boots.

In other words, she looked amazing.

She stopped drying her hair and smirked at me. "Close your mouth before you catch flies!"

Quickly shutting my trap, I grinned sheepishly before moving to open the door for her. "Ladies first, Princess."

Laughing at my sudden maturity, she slipped on her boots and walked out of the door, letting me lock it before linking her delicate fingers through mine.

Her hand is so warm~

Making our way to the beach once more, I heard soft murmurs in the quiet air-conditioned surroundings.

"...Sting-sama's girlfriend..."

"...such a cute couple..."

"...so they are a pair, no wonder they took the room..."

The both of us blushed a little at the cute comments, the last one belonging to the hotel receptionist.

However, there were a few glares and jealous remarks, and Kasumi was fast enough to manoeuvre me out of the glass sliding doors before I could snarl back at those brats.

Finally reaching the site our guilds rented for the day, I could smell the distinct scent of Natsu-san's fire and mouth-watering food. A barbecue was going strong, and everyone was laughing and mingling with each other.

It's as if we are one huge family, like our guilds have combined into one. So this is what Kasumi meant as the kizuna of a family...

Happily pulling me along to join up with the group, my cheeks were tinted with a soft shade of fuchsia when I saw Kasumi's smile brightening up her face, her azure hair dancing in the wisps of warm wind wafting over from the barbecue pit.

Her smile is so beautiful, it makes her seem much prettier than she already is...

Walking up to the fire and iron dragon slayers, I picked up a plate and joined them in stuffing their faces. Giggling at us, the girls were still playing around in the water while Kasumi picked a small portion of meat from the barbecue, digging in with us.

♡ time skip ♡

"Ughhh...how does Kasumi keep up with those monsters..." Lucy and Levy groaned, their stomachs bulging. While Kasumi gave them her dazzling close-eyed smile.

"I must admit, I'm getting quite full." Erza grinned.

"Me too..." Minerva conceded.

Kasumi was still chewing on the hundredth serving of meat, making me laugh. I couldn't believe that she just won Minerva at an unofficial eating contest! I'll just have to win Milady next year...

Putting my hands in my pockets, the sudden intrusion of a smooth velvet box made me jolt back into my memory.

I need to give it to her! I forgot!!

"Kasumi, come with me a sec?" I asked, hoping that my face was not blushing as hard as the heat I felt coursing through my cheeks. Leading her away from the group, I ended up at the pier, seawater crashing in melodious symphony against the breakwater. Taking a deep breath of the salty air, I quickly fished out the sangria velvet box.

"KasumiIlikeyoualotwouldyouaccept thisgiftfrommebecauseIthinkyouare mymate?" I sputtered in a single sentence, squeezing my eyes shut and ready for rejection.

Slowly opening my eyes, I'm stunned.

She was holding a umber wooden box in her two palms, blushing a deep ruby. "Y-You took t-the words right out of my mouth..." She stammered, evidently flustered.

Exchanging presents, I opened the flat, rectangular box to see a white Stellanium necklace. I smiled, knowing the meaning of the precious stone, and also because she knew I love white.

Looking up, I see her gasp when she sees the translucent cream coloured earring that is the other pair of the one hanging on my earlobe. The colour of her cheeks flushed coral while she swiftly removed the chartreuse feathered earring on her right ear and hooked on mine.

It looks so good on her...

Copying her, I attached the Stellanium  charm to my neck, letting it dangle above my chest. I was really pleased with the grey-and-white marbled colouring of the polished stone, and how it contrasts against my black crop top. Most importantly, Kasumi gave it to me. Before I could thank her, a tug on my fur jacket made me look down.

"Do you use magic, onii-chan?" A young boy was looking at me with hope glimmering in his indigo eyes. Shocked, I glanced up to see Kasumi with a young girl smiling at her. The rare indigo colour of their eyes told me that they were siblings.

"Yeah...why?" I replied, a little uncertain.

"Our parents let us play on the beach alone and I hope you can show us magic!" The young boy shouted in eccentricity.

"Okay...?"

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪