Chapter 6

Sting's POV

I kissed her on the cheek goodnight as I watched her face turn a deep scarlet. Grinning widely, I whispered a soft "Goodnight", sauntering down the street just in time to see Rogue, Frosch and Lector smirking at me.

Oh crap. I forgot that they were there.

"We're just friends--"

"Oh yeah? What kind of friend kisses another goodnight? Ok, lemme guess: a boyfriend, perhaps?" Rogue cut me off with a wicked grin.

"Thats not it, I-I-I-well..." I was at a loss for words. I wanted to say that I was just being friendly, but a large part of me knew that it wasn't true.

"Yeah? What were you going to say?" Rogue wiggled his eyebrows at me, smirking.

"Let's get back to the guild hall. Yukino should be waiting for us" I looked at my right, avoiding Rogue's eyes boring into my back.

After walking a few more paces, I finally caved in to the urge and looked back. I caught a glimpse of her long blue hair and smiled to myself. I guess I'll call her on the lacrima tonight. By the time we were nearing the guild, I had forgotten about Rogue and Lector's shipping, thinking about the time and a cafe Kasumi and I could meet at. It's been so long since we last hung out, just the two of us.

I'm really looking forward to seeing her again...

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪