Chapter 19~FIA Camp Arc: Part 2

Kasumi

"You're mine."

Hearing the sparks of jealousy coming from the blonde dragon slayer, I turn around with a small smile.

"My class is here, so..." I whispered into his ear. I could feel his shoulders droop in disappointment, but straighten up again.

"Fine, just no kisses, right?" He pleaded, giving me puppy eyes. I melt instantly.

Damn! I fell for it!

"Okay..." I relented, unknowingly showing the green light for Sting to glomp me.

Another round of screams echoed across the room, while Rose stared at us with huge eyes and a dark crimson blush.

"Kasumi Dreyer! I demand you release Sting-sama from this mind controlling magic now!" An ear-piercing screech made me, Sting and Rogue cover our ears.

"Gabrielle, I can't use mind control magic, remember?" I sighed, soothing my hurt ears.

Gabrielle seemed stoic for a moment before shouting again, but I prepared for it with a barrier of air. Sting and Rogue sighed in relief.

"Who knows what kind of dumb tricks you're hidin--" She was cut off by Miss Irene.

"Now then, please find a partner, get a job of your choice, then inform me when you're done choosing!"

Having brief respite from Gabrielle, I quickly slide away from the angry mob, soon followed by Sting. Sitting down on an isolated bench, I lay down. The fatigue was already getting to me.

"Some classmates you have..." Sting groaned, flopping down beside me.

"Yeah." I mumbled, my face squished against the table, but I suddenly shoot up in surprise when I feel him snuggle into the crook of my neck, and his arms wrap themselves around my waist.

"My earring looks great on you." Sting whispered, inhaling my scent at the same time.

Jumping away, I whisper-screamed at him, "Now's not the time to be all lovey dovey!"

Aww...why not? You are my mate...

I nearly shriek when I hear his voice in my head, but then I recall the telepathic bond mates have.

No means no! Let's just pick a job!

That means you'll be my partner?

Yes...

I blushed at the last word, and the colour of vermillion on my cheeks darken at the sight of Sting's out reached hand. Making sure that no one was looking, I took it, the faint trace of a smile gracing my lips.

Dragging me over to the request board, we consider the many jobs.

These are boring. He whined, making me smile even wider.

Yeah...

Just then, a devilish grin spread across his face and I get the signal. When Rogue crossed the hall with one of the guys from my class, he saw the dangerous radiation from us and the evil glint in our eyes.

"You can't be taking a..." Realisation made a look of utter disbelief spread across his face.

"Yeah, an S-class quest! Why not?" Sting smirked, his eyes shining like stars. I nodded, showing my signature close-eyed smile.

"You're lucky Kasumi's your partner, you get to go on our normal jobs. While I have to do baby sitting for five days..." He mumbled the last part so that his confused 'partner' wouldn't hear it.

Capturing a group of bandits in Onibus. That sounds good!

Sure, let's tell Miss Irene.

'kay!

I watched Sting remove the request sheet from the board, while Rogue was grumbling away. Looking around, I saw that most of the Saber members had partners, except for the two 'shy ones'. Sighing, I walk over to Yukino, mentally telling Sting to wait for me.

"Yukino! Do you have a partner yet? Maybe you could pair up with my friend there?" I asked her, grinning and pointing at Rose.

She nodded, and I smirked, "Of course, Rogue would be a much more suited partner..."

"Kasumi-sama!!!" Yukino squealed, her face tomato red. I laughed, and tapped Rose on the shoulder.

"Rose-chan, would you like to be Yukino's partner?" I smiled, my previously evil demeanour vanishing without a trace.

"Um...i-if you don't m-mind...?" She stuttered, and Yukino readily agreed.

Walking over to Miss Irene, I see Sting already writing down our names and the job we took.

Noticing me, Miss Irene started a lecture on safety as we had picked an S-class job. "Now then, Sting-san, please take care of Kasumi during the fight!"

After Sting assured her for the millionth time that he would protect me, Miss Irene quickly told us about the rules and regulations.

♡ time skip to Hargeon Port ♡

"Class, after your jobs, take the train back to Hargeon Station by six o'clock, where we will gather and spend the night in the local hotel." Miss Irene instructed us, and after hearing the resounding 'Yes.' from the class, told us to set off.

Now we're alone.

Mmm...

Holding my ticket to Onibus Station, I felt Sting's hand grip tighter on mine. Smiling back at him, I felt his warmth travel through my veins.

"I'll cast Troia on you first, so that you don't get motion sickness later on." Reaching out my hands, a light blue glow surrounded them.

"Grandine, lend me your strength. Troia!"

************************************

"So the bandits will most likely appear in these areas." I concluded, my finger tapping on a part of the Onibus town map. Sting nodded, looking at both the map and the request sheet.

After preparing a few plans for the job, I lean back into my seat and watch Sting stick his head out of the window, laughing crazily.

"Trains are awesome!!!" He howled into the air, while I create another air barrier to block out the ruckus he was causing.

When I close my eyes quietly for a quick forty winks, a 'pomf' sound was heard through my sensitive ears and ticklish blond hair rubbed against the skin on my neck. I slowly open my sapphire orbs, nuzzling back into Sting's arms.

You smell nice~♡

That's kinda weird...

Aww...why? I am your mate~

I smile, remembering Spherenial's words that night.

Yeah...I'm glad.

Me too, Kasumi.

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

(Bold and italicised words represent telepathy between Kasumi and Sting)