Chapter 25~FIA Camp Arc: Part 8

Kasumi

After a few more hours of hanging out with Rogue and Benji, we make our way to the train station.

The Twin Dragons visibly paled at the type of transport to be taken for the return journey to Hargeon, and I had to reassure them with multiple casts of Troia to get on, ugh.

Returning to our train journey now, Benji was talking about how he would like to join Sabertooth after he graduates, his face animated as he waves his hands around to state his point.

"You see, once we graduate, we are posted to a guild most befitting our personality, mental and physical strength." I explained after noticing both Sting and Rogue's confused expressions.

Sting had his arm around my lower torso, pulling me closer to him every now and then. I was barely able to stop myself from sweatdropping at his 'discreet' ways, unable to go all lovey dovey with me when Benji was still around.

When we finally reach Hargeon at six o'clock sharp, I find myself leaning on Sting's shoulder, right next to him.

Wow. That was fast.

Unluckily for him, I certainly do not want Gabrielle causing my eardrums to burst AGAIN. Quickly unlatching myself from the disappointed Dragon Slayer, I pick up my luggage and run for the safety of Rose-chan and Yukino.

⏳time skip⏳

I lay down on the silky comforter, releasing a breath of relaxation in the heavenly mattress. After the entire day of sprinting around Onibus, I didn't care about appearances when I saw the huge king-sized bed in the Hargeon hotel room.

A group of six would share one room in the five star hotel. In my case, the group members are Sting, Rogue, Benji, Yukino and Rose-chan. I took the bed to the left of the room, sleeping in the middle of Rose on my right and Sting on my left.

"Kas-chan, are you going for dinner? Everyone's downstairs." Rose-chan poked her head around the door, waking me from my light cat nap. I was about to decline when a finger squished my cheek.

What the--!

"Come on~ Let's go...Kasumi..." The pressing of one finger soon morphed into two calloused fingers pinching my cheek.

Flipping up from under my sea of covers, I smack the hand away from my face crossly.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming!" I snapped, while the perpetrator nursed his hand. Apparently, I hit him a little too hard.

Can't blame me, that's what he gets for disrupting my sleep!

Slinking into the bathroom, I quickly put on my school uniform (I just Requiped it) and retied my hair into my school hairstyle: a high ponytail.

Getting out, I follow Sting and Rose-chan to the buffet, my aching feet complaining the entire way.

⏳Time Skip⏳

"...And then, we went to find the bandits, and it was, like, so scary!" Gabrielle squealed, fanning herself. Rufus looked like he was going to faint. After a whole day with Gabrielle, his soul was floating above his head.

Poor guy. Must've been tough on him.

"Hey, chin up! You still have four more days with her, remember?" I joked, pun totally intended with my last word.

"..."

"Okay, I know it's tough on you too. I deal with her every weekday..." I sighed, tuning out of the incessant chatter from Gabrielle.

"...You got that right." The Memory Make wizard groaned, the colour finally returning to his paper white being. "The whole job, she just wouldn't stop talking!"

That must've been painful. Ouch.

"RUFUS!" Another one of my problems hollered, pure anger flasing in his eyes. "Stop hogging my gir--!"

A blast of rainbow propelled him into the night sky before he could finish speaking. (*whistles* wonder who did that...*blinks and looks around innocently*) If I had let him say that, I would NEVER hear the end of it from the fangirls.

I do NOT wish to be arrested for murder of all the fangirls in Earthland, but I will if I need to.

I'm not kidding.

With that settled, I finish my dinner while everyone else rushed to aid Sting. From the corner of my eye, I sniggered as Rogue flashed me a thumbs up, which I returned.

According to Miss Irene, tomorrow was going to be a long day. We would be travelling to different parts of Fiore again, and I need more than forty winks to keep up my energy.

Setting down my plate and utensils, I slip into the shadows, sliding silently back to my room.

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪