Chapter 32~FIA Camp Arc: End

Sting

The remaining days of the camp flew by our eyes as Kasumi and I spent them together after completing our jobs. Today is the last day of the camp, and I find myself not wanting the camp to end yet. After all, Kasumi’s always on jobs or at Fairy Tail in Magnolia, so it's rare to spend alone time with her.

My heart is aching...I don't want her to leave my arms yet...

"Sting!" The said blue-haired girl waved at me, a bright smile on her face as she ran towards me with the camp guidebook in her hands.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I grinned back at her as she shook the guidebook in front of me.

Her eyes sparked with anticipation as she pointed to today's activity.

"Look! Today's a free day, and we are going to the Hanabi Matsuri!!!" She gushed, lips stretching into a cute Cheshire grin.

(A/N: Hanabi Matsuri=Firework Festival)

"Woah..." I whispered, looking at the pictures of the festival and the small descriptions in the book. The stalls that sold summer treats and the vibrant firework show at the end of the festival was not only really alluring, but also an amazing end to our five day camp.

"We can rent yukatas too!" Kasumi squealed, poking at a photo of racks of the colourful summer kimonos excitedly.

I laughed at her eager behavior, Kasumi soon joining in as well. While the other students looked at us in confusion--and some in jealousy--but we didn't care.

After all, this is the last day of the camp, and what better way to end it in high spirits?

We're looking forward to this, the perfect finale to our five days.

And maybe sitting under the stars, watching the fireworks...with just the two of us.

I really fell head over heels in love
with her before I could even realise it.

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

Kasumi

Donning the white yukata decorated by cobalt and lavender hydrangeas, with a matching hydrangea hairpin holding back my hair in a bun while the shorter locks were curled to frame my face, I glanced in the mirror and gasped.

The makeup artist really did a great job...I rarely dress up like this!

Blush was swept over my cheekbones and pale blue eyeshadow that complemented my azure optics coloured my eyelids, while my lips were tinted crimson.

Teardrop crystals in the shade of translucent azure hung on my earlobes, and a similarly styled bracelet adorned my right wrist.

Finally, a pair of white zori with blue straps held my feet as I took a deep breath and exited the dressing room.

"W-wow...Kas-chan, you look amazing!" Rose-chan breathed, her eyes sparkling in awe.

"You look great too, Rose-chan!" I smiled, picking up our small pouches--blue and dark pink respectively--and handing hers over. My friend blushed and stared at her feet when she heard my compliment.

That's just like her...Humble as always, eh?

"Sorry I made you wait!" His light, and slightly panicked voice made its way to my ears before his scent hit me square in the nose and his strong arm curled around my waist.

"Hey, Sting, Benji." I greeted, and speaking in a low growl to the blonde only, I playfully chastised as I turned around to face him, "Took you long enough, mate."

Sting's cheeks reddened even further as he drank in my appearance, making a wave of heat slowly climb up my neck and into my face.

Somewhere behind us, Gabrielle's voice rose an octave as she asked Sting if she looked good.

He completely ignored her.

"Woah...you look..." He whispered, leaning in closer.

"Beautiful, mate."

And then he pulled away,--grasping the other end of my pouch to make up for holding my hand in the festival--leaving me totally and utterly flustered, my heart nearly pounding out of my chest.

I think steam was escaping from the top of my head just now...Damn you, Sting! I'll get my revenge for making me so embarrassed in front of everyone!!

But...
I think I've just
fallen in love with him even more.

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

3rd Person

Sting and Kasumi strolled, their hands holding onto separate strings of her pouch. Away from the rest of the class, away from everyone else.

And for that day, her troubles about a certain demon guild disappeared.

The entire afternoon, the two played around at the shooting booth (They got almost three quarters of the prizes before being chased away by the stall owner), bought almost every type of food there was (Rose and Benji were horrified at the amount they were consuming), and finally, settled down on the grassy plains as the evening took over the afternoon.

Sitting a good distance from the Populars and the teachers, the Rainbow and White Dragon Slayers lay on the picnic mat, the fiery orange glow from the setting sun awash on their faces.

Kasumi scooted closer to Sting, leaning her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his muscular arm around her supple waist. Studying her elegantly sculpted features aglow in the dying sunlight, Sting pulled his mate closer and breathed heavily on her intoxicating scent.

As darkness swept across the lush green field, the first of the fireworks launched into the air, sending a burst of green into the navy blue sky.

A series of wowed gasps from the onlookers sounded as many more followed, staining the night sky in an explosive myriad of blues, yellows, greens and whites.

A soft melody of a laugh escaped from Kasumi's coloured lips, gaining Sting's fond gaze.

"Remember that day at the beach with those kids? We made great fireworks, huh?" She smiled in reminiscence.

"Yeah, we really do work great as a group, mate." The blonde Saber grinned, squeezing her waist gently in affection.

A cooling zephyr blew the stray strands of Kasumi's curled locks and ruffled Sting's blond hair as the pale moon glowed out from the curtain of bluish darkness.

"It's beautiful..." She whispered, her eyes sparkling with the incandescent moonlight and dazzling fireworks.

Sting cast his lapis pools onto the woman he loved. A small smirk curled his lips as she sensed his eyes on him and turned to lock her azure oculuses with his.

"You're beautiful." He mumbled, closing the gap between their bodies as the hot breath from their lips met centimetres from their touching foreheads.

And ultimately closing the gap between their lips.

When they slowly pulled apart for air, they smiled in mutual knowing.

"I love you, mate."

▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

FIA Camp Arc: End.