Chapter 31~FIA Camp Arc: Part 14

Kasumi

I need to find her.

My cloak fluttered out behind me as I rushed forward, knocking down demons left and right with precise head shots from my Ethernano guns that changed from the katana I held.

Where are you, Rose-chan?

A scent!

The familiar smell of rosewater wafted through the smoke-laden air, just a faint whiff before it was gone.

But still, it gave me a direction to head in. It was a start, at least.

"Rose-chan!!!" I hollered, my voice echoing through the air as I ran.

A deathly silence was draped over the deserted hallways like a sopping wet curtain.

I waited, my ears twitching at the slightest sound.

It was a whisper, laced with fear, but I heard it loud and clear.

"Kas...chan..."

Southwest!

I whirled into that position, but before me stood a wall. At this moment of time, saving Rose-chan is top priority for me. Repairing this stupid wall will have to wait for my next job reward.

Boom!

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

Rose

"Rose-chan!!!"

My eyes brightened. Kas-chan's here! With all the strength I had left, I yelled hoarsely, "Kas...chan...!"

But I was soon preoccupied with the huge monster that roared, swinging it's fist at me. Knowing better than to take the vicious attack head on, I involuntarily let out a squeak before dashing away from his arm.

Most of my magic power was already used up, my wooden katana smashed to pieces by his previous attacks.

Hurry, Kas-chan, please...I can't hold on much longer...

"How cowardly, face me in a real fight, human!" His harsh, grating voice made me cover my ears.

But then, an even louder 'BOOM' echoed through the room I was trapped in, debris flying everywhere.

"If you want a fight, you got one!"

That voice made my heart leap with hope. It was truly a sight for sore eyes.

She's here, she really came to save me...

The bluenette that was in her normal form now, stood with one leg propped up on the ledge of the huge hole in the wall she made, her twin-tails dancing in the sooty air.

"Kas-chan!"

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪

Kasumi

"You seem to be the boss of these undead demons." I smirked, my back facing him as I healed up Rose-chan. She was banged up pretty badly, but none of the injuries will leave physical scars.

"So what if I am? You humans are but a cowardly bunch!"

I ignored him.

Once my Sky God Slayer magic dissipated, she was good as new.

"Kas-chan...what magic was that...?" She breathed, looking at her closed wounds in awe.