Chapter 21~FIA Camp Arc: Part 4

Kasumi

From my vantage point atop the minature mountain of rocks, I watch Sting mow down another group of the bandits, who've turned out to be the dark guild, Death Shadow.

"Do you need help?" I hollered to him. Sting was much stronger than those goons, but their sheer manpower made him take a few attacks.

"Nah...*pant*...I'm...*pant*...fine here...*pant*..." He gasped, lifting a shaky thumbs up.

"Not convincing." I deadpanned, my eyes narrowed.

Quickly jumping off the ledge, I land perfectly. Raising both arms to shoulder level, a warm gust of air rose from the ground was accompanied by orange smoke. I muttered a protection spell for Sting before changing into my dragon force form.

"Lava Dragon Form: Volcanion!"

My school uniform turned into a reddish-brown jumpsuit, and my hair was a wavy tangerine that was left untied.

"Dragon Slayer Secret Art! Exploding Volcano: Earth Core!" I yelled.

Red hot magma burst from the cracks in the earth, engulfing the bandits. Screams of agony were heard in the lava, and when the fiery liquid slowly disappeared, there were only unconscious bodies on the ground. Returning to my normal form, I smirk at Sting.

"And that's how you beat a dark guild."

************************************

Waiting outside the Mayor's estate, I glance at the doors, waiting for Sting to come out with our reward. I wasn't keen on laying my eyes on the prosperous man again, so I sent a reluctant Sting in.

Finally, the doors opened, and I spot him speed walking down the driveway like a bat out of hell. Reaching me, he grinned weakly, perspiration dripping off his face. I couldn't help but giggle when I saw him so eager to get away from the mansion.

"It's around one now, we still have five hours until we have to go back to Hargeon." I stated, putting my time lacrima away after a quick glance.

"So..." Sting started, the beginnings of a smirk gracing his lips.

"So..." I grin and echo.

"Let's go get a drink and something to eat." He completed, and I could spot a faint tinge of pink on his cheeks.

"Yeah!" I smile warmly, but then add,

Is this a date, Sting Eucliffe?

Erm...i-if you want it t-to be...

And you still call me the Tsundere...

Okay! Fine, it's a date! I just wanted to spend time with you, and just the two of us...

Kawaii~♡

Hey!😝

I skip forward, twirling in the process. A white light and mist encase my body, leaving a second later to show me in my usual outfit:

A denim off shoulder dress that only left my shoulders open and showed my white Fairy Tail emblem, and a pair of sandy brown, knee-high boots. The strap of an umber hued, small sling bag hung on my shoulder.

Once I was Requiped, I felt Sting pull me beside him with his strong hand holding mine, giving it a small squeeze as well. I smile, gripping his hand tighter in response.

C'mon! There's an ice-cream stand in front!

I ran forward, dragging him with me enthusiastically. Stopping in front of the cart, I look through the wide variety of multi-coloured ice-cream. I had my eye on the delectable mint chocolate chip, and I knew that Sting would go for the vanilla. Digging out the small change of Jewel in my bag, I smile at the the man.

"One mint chocolate chip and one vanilla cone please!"

Quickly scooping out the frozen desert and transferring them to separate cones, he held them out to me while I gave him the Jewel.

"Thank you!" I flash a quick smile at him and stroll over to Sting, who was sitting on a bench nearby. Licking the sweet desert, I passed the vanilla to him with a close-eyed smile. He grinned back, taking the cone and my hand as well.

Nice choice~

Thanks, why don't we head to the park? The one here is quite famous!

Sure!

Together, we sauntered down the path to the Onibus park hand in hand. It was going to be autumn soon, and the leaves of the maple trees were starting to turn a light auburn. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, visibly relaxing.

I suddenly feel an energetic tingling at my shoulder blades, and I quickly hush it with a sharp whisper, "Not now."

"Hmm?" Sting looked at me, quirking an eyebrow.

"Nothing!" I grin at him.

I can't let him know...not yet.

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪