Chapter 14

Sting

We kissed for the second time now, but I still can't forget the rush of excitement and relaxation when our lips meet. All the girls in the world would never compare to her, and I would sacrifice anything for her happiness. I'm so glad I made you mine, Kasumi...

"What are you spacing out about?" Her slim finger poked my cheek twice, making me snap out of my thoughts. "We've arrived at the beach already!"

"O-oh! Let's go! Heh heh heh..." I grinned at Kasumi, scratching the back of my neck sheepishly.

Grabbing our luggage and her hand, I practically dragged her out of the bus. Everyone was already in their swimsuits, Natsu-san and Gray-san holding a swimming race immediately, making me and Kasumi sweatdrop.

Strolling to the hotel, we started chatting about the weekdays, both of us suddenly remembering the 'small' incident that happened the day our team went shopping.

I really missed her for the rest of the week...

Stepping into the air-conditioned lounge, we waited at the queue that snaked across the room. While she played with minature water fountains between her open palms, I absent-mindedly twirled her soft blue hair in my gloved fingers.

Finally, we reached the counter. The receptionist smiled at us politely, and I informed her of our reservation.

That's when a flicker of worry creased her face.

An alarm bell went off in my mind, causing me to release Kasumi's hair from the midst of my fingers, and her to dissipate the water swirling in her hands.

"I'm afraid that there's been a mistake..." The clerk swallowed. "The two rooms you've booked are switched to a single room. I sincerely apologise!" She cried.

"Ehhhhhh?!" We shouted in unison.

Why do such cliché things keep happening to me?!

"Erm...It's okay, we'll take the room..." I nodded to the receptionist. Kasumi smiled as well, but I couldn't help noticing the light pink blush on her cheeks.

I must admit, sharing a room with Kasumi makes me blush too...

"I'm very sorry, please let me give you a complimentary stay as an apology!" The manager of the hotel was bowing to us, making us even more embarrassed.

♡ time skip ♡

"Well that was awkward..." Kasumi laughed, flopping down onto the bed.

"Yeah..." I sweatdropped while unpacking my luggage. She merely flicked her wrist to get all her belongings into the room.

"It's not fair when you can use so many different types of magic while I can only use one! And why do you and Wendy not get motion sickness?!" I whined.

"I'm a Queen Dragon slayer, but Spherenial is also known as the Rainbow Dragon. That means I can use and consume every type of element, including that of Grandine's. The Sky Dragon is immune to motion sickness, just like me and Wendy!" She concluded happily.

I just pouted at her.

"You're lucky that Wendy and I performed Troia on you guys!" She snapped at me playfully.

"Okay, okay..." I raised my hand, conceding.

Taking her by surprise, I jumped onto the bed. Her initial squeal of indignation quickly changed into peals of frantic laughter when I started to tickle her sides.

"Ahahahahahahaha! Sting! Stop it!" She cried, tears of glee escaping her tightly shut eyes.

"Sting-kun I--" The door swung open, showing a stunned Lector.

"Ohoho...I see that we've interrupted something..." Rogue smirked, his finger supporting his chin, as if deep in thought.

"Fro thinks so too!" The green exceed raised its paw in agreement.

Both of us had huge blushes on our cheeks.

Why do they always burst in at the wrong moment?!

"There's nothing going on!" I roared at him, half of me angry at him for ruining our moment. "And, she's my girlfriend, so it's nothing wrong. Don't be jealous just because you can't do the same to Yukino...hehehehe..."

This time, it was Rogue's turn to blush.

"I'll be back..." He growled menacingly, stomping off like a little kid and slamming the door after him.

Turning back to Kasumi, I see her standing in a bikini, most likely Requiped.

I almost got a nosebleed. The things you make me do, Kasumi...

Looking away from the mirror, she gave me the cutest close-eyed smile before saying, "You should get changed soon, everyone else are waiting at the beach!"

Picking up my swimwear, I rushed to the bathroom, but not before giving her a peck on the cheek, making her blush lightly.

I love you, Kasumi...

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪