Chapter 27~FIA Camp Arc: Part 10

Kasumi

Biting down on my fork that impaled a piece of golden-brown pancake, I touch the white diamond embossed on the pale skin of my neck, hidden under a black choker on which a metal dragon pendant hung. A peach dash of colour dusted itself on my cheekbones when I think about last night's events.

The shimmering moon, casting light over the balcony lounge. He leans down, his piercing blue oculuses swirling with longing. I feel his canines bite down gently, a flow of warmth injecting into my bloodstream...

"Kas-chan? Kas-chan?" A hand flashed up and down before my face. Jolting out of my daydream, I blink a few times before registering the owner of the hand as Rose-chan.

"O-oh...Rose-chan, it's you." I stutter, making my fork drop to the ceramic plate with a clatter. She laughs nervously, sitting down beside me.

"Um...er...you seem a little preoccupied today, does it have to do with your new earring?" She hissed, looking this way and that, as though she was an undercover agent speaking to her superior.

Unconciously, my hand flies up to the translucent crystal, holding it protectively.

"Nah," I fake a laugh, smiling at her. "I've had it weeks ago!"

"But it's the same as the Sabertooth master's..." She murmured, staring at me.

Crap.

A distraction.

I searched desperately for something, just something to stop Rose-chan's questioning.

And that came in the form of Miss Irene who was speaking to the Sabertooth members, accompanied by the screams of the female population of both the hotel and the Populars.

I could see Sting looking around, while girls vyed to get his attention. Suddenly, his eyes met mine and seemed to light up, making me feel the exact same jolt of warmth when we first met.

I guess he still has that effect on me, even though we're dating now.

Walking over to our table, Sting grinned at us before asking in a most gentlemanly manner, "May I take this seat?"

Rose-chan seemed to be at a loss for words at his request, and stared at me as if I was insane when I nonchalantly waved him over. Flashing another one of his signature grins, he sat down with his breakfast, soon followed by Rogue and Benji.

Weirdly, Benji sat next to Rose-chan, making me quirk a brow at her. Before this camp, the Popular wouldn't even spare a glance at her. But now, here they are, chatting away like the best of friends.

It was only when I saw the hint of a blush on both their cheeks did a smirk spread across my face.

Slipping out of my seat, I squeeze beside Sting on the bench and whispered in his ear. By the look on Rogue's face, I deduced that my eyes most likely held a mischievous glint in them. When Sting's eyes widened in surprise and darted to the smiling love birds opposite us, Rogue immediately connected the dots and guessed what was going on.

He must've felt that his breakfast was more important than a lover's drama, as he turned his attention back to Frosch and his food without a word.

Oh well, that's normal Rogue behaviour...

Rolling my eyes at him, I smile at the cute ship that has just set sail.

Mira has certainly rubbed off on me!

Before I could tease them, Miss Irene's voice pierced through the noise.

"Alright. For today's main event, we'll be visiting the guilds of Fiore!" She announced, waiting for the chatter to die down before continuing.

"In groups of six, in which three pairs will group themselves together, you will take a train to a guild with a wizard that your Sabertooth partner admires. Then, you will spend the day there to experience the atmosphere of a real guild." She concluded.

A small smile hooked up my lips. I knew just what guild Sting would be itching to go to.

"Alright, I'll see you all back here at seven this evening. Dismissed!" She beamed, winking at the students.

Before I could even open my mouth to speak, Sting looked at me with firy determination in his eyes.

"I'll win Natsu-san today, just you watch!" He roared, pumping his fist in the air.

Sighing, I pick myself up, heading back to my room to collect my bag. On the way, I dialled the much too familiar number into my communication lacrima.

Within the first three rings, Gramps picked up, and I could practically hear the grin on his face right now.

"If it isn't Kasumi! What can I do for you?" I could hear the sound of smashing tables and screams of a certain pink-haired dragon slayer in the background.

"Gramps, I need the guild to be so clean, even the wooden tables are shining!" I smirked, hearing him tense immediately. "Me and a few of my classmates, as well as the Saber members will be visiting for today."

"WHAT ?!" He hollered, making me wince as I quickly held the translucent crystal away from my pounding ear.

"You didn't have to be so loud about it, I have sensitive ears!" I grumbled.

I could hear him taking deep breaths to try and calm his raging temper. After a few minutes, he seemed to have relaxed a little more.

"Alright, we'll be ready when you get here." He sighed, hanging up a second later, but not before I could hear him mumble, "At least, I hope so..."

Grinning, I put the lacrima away and unlocked the hotel room door.

▪ ▫ ❤ ▫ ▪