Chapter 35

▪️Kasumi▪️

It was calm. Too calm.

After we had encountered Sylph Labyrinth, the battle that ensued over the liquid Moon Drop quickly separated us.

The Giants' city was a frozen maze, ensnaring each of us once we weren't paying attention to the path we ran down. However, as I tried to find my fellow Guild mates by picking up their Ether readings, the faint trails of magic had suddenly disappeared.

'That's not all...' Worry was creeping into my mind once again. 'I sensed a strange magic field just before their Ethernano signals vanished.'

This place is more than it seems. The faint voice that continued to draw me to it had to wait. Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath before allowing my magic to spread across the frosty terrain, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

There was plenty.

My eyes narrowed. Ever since we entered this city of ice, there has been a weird feeling that seemed to cling to my skin.

It was eerily familiar, too.

I was hoping that I would be proved wrong, but the disturbing pulse of energy that throbbed through the purplish ice and that Ether signal were similar to what I sensed back in Magnolia.

Demons.

▪️▫️♥️▫️▪️

The wind tousled her long black hair as she stood firmly on the winged beast's back. The creature disgusted her, and so did it's master, but beggars can't be choosers. After all, there were only so many dark guilds willing to take on Fiore's strongest.

"The White Dragon is still so naïve," The woman chuckled to herself, a cruel smile twisting her painted mahogany lips. "Believing that the poorly made doppëlganger I had left behind was real...what a fool."

In a flash, her grin disappeared, leaving her eyes swirling with murderous intent.

"Fairy Tail...for all the humiliation you have made me show," Her teeth gnashed together in an ugly snarl.

"I'll make you pay a thousand times' worth."

▪️▫️♥️▫️▪️

"Natsu! Lucy! Erza!" I tried to call out using telepathy, but my magic was being cut off. Panic, wild and hungry, ate away at me as the seconds ticked by.

'If everyone else is fighting, there should be some sort of smoke or explosio--'

Another scent made my eyes flick to an ice pillar, my body tensing immediately. This scent was one that I knew...but the bloodlust it gave off was definitely not friendly towards me.

"Hello, little Fairy."

Her voice was the same as always, and yet it held an edge of malice. The anger in her dark onyx eyes seemed to be the only emotion she had left. Hatred oozed from her very being.

My body instinctively changed to a defensive stance. This is not the same woman I saw two weeks ago. Rather, I had felt that something was off with her when I last visited Sabertooth.

This was a fight that I could not avoid.

Magic vibrated at my fingertips, waiting to be unleashed at the slightest flick. Lowering my voice to a growl, I spoke to the smirking woman.

"What are you doing here, Minerva."

▪️▫️♥️▫️▪️