Chapter 6 The End of the World Part 3

"Summon the Steward." We heard some say as we entered the room. I watched as the doctor grabbed a spider look device from Jabe's hand.

"I'm afraid the Steward is dead." Jabe replied and everyone gasped in shock.

"Who killed him?" Moxx asked.

"This whole event was sponsored by the Face of Boe! He invited us!" Cassandra announced and Etta stepped forward.

"The face of Boe would do no such thing." She defended her friend.

"Easy way of finding out. Someone bought a little pet on board." The Doctor explained. We all turned to him. "Let's send him back to Master." He place the Robot down on the floor. Soon it started to walk around to find it's master. For a second it looked at Lady Cassandra, but soon turned to the Adherents of the Repeated Meme.

"The Adherents of the Repeated Meme. J'accuse!" Cassandra said, but the doctor spoke over her.

"That's all very well, and really kind of obvious, but if you stop and think about it..." He went towards the Meme. One of them tried to attack him, but the doctor ripped it's arm off "A Repeated Meme is just an idea. And that's all they are. An idea." He ripped out a wire in the arm which caused them all to fall on the floor in a bundle. I would have something about him ripping arms off, but it wasn't the time. "Remote controlled Droids. Nice little cover for the real troublemaker. Go on, Jimbo!" he nudged the spider "Go home!"

"I bet you were the school swot and never got kissed." Cassandra bet as the spider went back to Cassandra and the Doctor raised his eyebrows. "at arms!"

"What are you going to do, moisturise me?" The Doctor mocked and I laughed quietly.

"With acid. Oh, too late anyway. My spiders have control of the mainframe. Oh, you all carried them as gifts, tax free, past every code wall. I'm not just as pretty face." Cassandra boasted.

"Sabotaging a ship while you're still inside it? How stupid is that?" I acknowledged.

"I'd hoped to manufacture a hostage situation with myself as one of the victims. The compensation would have been enormous." Cassandra revealed to us.

"Five billion years and it still comes down to money." The Doctor sneered.

"Do you think it's cheap, looking like this? Flatness costs a fortune. I am The Last Human, Doctor. Me. Not those freaky little kids of yours." Cassandra told him, meaning Rose and I.

"Arrest her!" Moxx ordered.

"Oh, shut it, pixie. I've still got my final option." She bragged.

"Earth Death in 3 minutes." The computer announced.

"And here it comes. You're just as useful dead, all of you. I have shares in your rival companies and they'll triple in price as soon as you're dead. My spiders are primed and ready to destroy the safety systems. How did that old Earth song go? "Burn, baby, burn.""

"Then you'll burn with us." Jabe stormed.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I know the use of teleportation is strictly forbidden, but... I'm such a naughty thing. Spiders – activate." Cassandra admitted and then there were explosions "Force fields gone with the planet about to explode. At least it'll be quick. Just like my fifth husband." She giggled "Oh, shame on me. Buh-bye, darlings! Buh-bye, my darlings..." Her and her goons teleported out.

"Heat levels raising." The computer said.

"Doctor what do we do?" I asked him.

"Reset the computer" Moxx spoke.