Awake

So I have been having some hard times. I have. So, I'm going to try my best to update. .
.
.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

     I opened my eyes slowly, feeling a sharp pain in the back of my head. E.J. had opened the door to see me looking at him. He didn't have his mask on for once. He smiled brightly. It made my heart skip a beat.

"How ya feeling?" He asked happily.

"My head hurts..." I mutter before feeling the dryness of my throat. I grabbed my throat and rolled. The dryness was painful.

"Here, drink some water. Your throat must hurt." E.J. said while sitting beside me and handing me water. I grabbed it with the energy I had and gulped the ice cold water down. It felt good as it coated my perched throat.

"What happened?" I asked as I looked at him.

"You don't remember? Well your uncle-" a sharp pain consumed my brain. Pounding, memories flashing.

Blue flames.

Long nails.

Wings that can shoot shards.

My uncle choking in his own blood.

I groaned as the pain slowly subsided.

"Are you okay?!" E.J. said before inspecting me.

"Yes, I believe I'm fine. Memories flashed.. and now.. I remember... I was a monster." I mumbled .

"You're not a monster! You were protecting yourself and us. Who knows what he was capable of. " E.J. said with attitude.

"Did you see me...?" I asked quietly, looking down at my legs. (You're sitting up bc you had to drink water).

"Yes I did. But have you seen us? You fit in just perfectly!" E.J. said with a smile.

'why is he being so friendly?'

"Well, you need to eat." He said we he set the tray on my lap. It was grilled cheese and tomato soup.

The smells of the food made my stop growl. I was hungry and I just devoured my food....